PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat Rate And Mental Training

Sid_Vicious
05-05-2002, 10:39 AM
I wondered whether players have tried going high tech and used any bio sensing equipment during their preparation for competition. It seems reasonable(and maybe overboard for many) that something as simple as an electronic heart beat monitor could trigger a player to compose themselves and redo their preshot routine. I watched some very good players yesterday at CJ's who rushed a stroke at bad times, so it seems like having a way to tone down the anxiety and the physical reaction could be assisted by such a monitor while in practice. Anyone heard of this application being used???sid

Tom_In_Cincy
05-05-2002, 08:01 PM
I never heard of anything like this in the pool arena.. but maybe other more professional sports have something like this..

I would like to find a quick cure for anxiety attacks during competition..

heater451
05-06-2002, 05:46 PM
I've never heard of anyone actually using one (kinda like how I've never heard of anyone buying one of those electro-shock "ab-belt" thingies. . . .).

I know that years ago, RadioShack used to sell a bio-feedback machine, where the thing would emit a tone, and it would vary according to your state of relaxation. However, the only thing I could find for sale on-line was here--and they want $95 for the thing!:

http://www.eastburnhypnotherapycenter.com/light_and_sound.htm