PDA

View Full Version : Table Selection

toddbeavan
06-17-2004, 05:05 AM
I am going to buy a new pool table very soon. I only want to spend around 1500. I currently am looking at Olhausen and Kasson. Are there any opinions out there as to who is better? Or any advice at all. All input is appreciated.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Have you looked at used tables?

Used tables are like used exercise equipment. You can find one barely used for a reasonable price if you have patience.

Chris Cass
06-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Todd,

You haven't mentioned the conditions. What type of table your looking for? Commercial or home fancy. Size of table? Why you want one? To practice on the tables your playing on? I need to know where your coming from. LOL

Myself, I would buy a GC or a GCII used. They look just as great for $1500. and play great. You can add the extras later to trick it out. New parts kind of thing to bring it up to mint condition. That's a good buy for my money IMHO. That's also with delivery, set-up and new 860 cloth.

It's a bit commercial for the home but that all depends on what your needs are?

Take care,

C.C.

toddbeavan
06-17-2004, 08:58 AM
I need..er..want a table at home just for recreation. I'm by no means a regular player. I suppose it would be considered a rec room. I just want to get the most for my money. But then, who doesn't.

Chris Cass
06-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi Todd,

You didn't mention what size table? If I were you I'd go with a fancy furniture type Olenhousen(sp?) 8 ft. They look good, play good and priced good. You can also get a nice light that's classy too. That'll make your recreation not only fun but pleasing to the eye.

Regards,

C.C.