PDA

View Full Version : Should the US invade Iran?

highsea
06-17-2004, 10:41 PM
We know that Iran is building a bomb. We know that the China-North Korea-Pakistan black market enabled this, and nothing will stop it now, except another unilateral US action, and damn soon, too.

There are (right now) 4 divisions of Iranian Army massed at the southern border to Iraq. They're new, (in the last few weeks), and they serve a dual purpose. If the US bails out of Iraq, they will go in and take control, and insure an Islamic Fundamentalist Gov't, modeled on their own. There are enough Shia followers (70% of the population)in Iraq to make this a reality.

On the other hand, The US's recent sabre rattling has got to make them a little bit nervous, at the least. They know we are not that far away.

It's pretty clear that Iran is going to take the same path that North Korea took. Pacify and conceal until it's too late to prevent. So why is China so helpful to the NK/Arab Nuke armament triangle? Simply put, if the US gets buried in the Arab problem, the China problem gets a very back burner. China is playing the game too, just on the backside.

I think we need to be extremely forceful in our Arab policies, as well as our policies to NK (quite a way beyond arrogant is OK with me. Iran is arrogant right now. We should not be shy about what arrogant is.).

In the long view, this is the only way to show China that we will stick to our guns. The Arab world can not survive alienation from China. Europe will sit back and wait for the outcome before committing to a position. (having no armies, and being more oil-dependant on the mid-east than we.)

-CM

bluewolf
06-18-2004, 06:11 AM
Scary, isn't it? Iraq is certainly not the end of the matter. Looks like others to come or there may be lots of nukes flying around.

Iran, North Korea seem to be pretty serious threats to me. In one of the books I read, in talking about threats, the author said that Bush listed, Iraq, Iran, North Korea.

Laura

eg8r
06-18-2004, 06:23 AM
Let's go get 'em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

nAz
06-18-2004, 07:11 AM
U.S. will never attack NK, they can actually fight back. unless they hit us first anyway.

Qtec
06-18-2004, 08:00 AM
I dont think they should be allowed to have the bomb.

The UN should act.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
06-18-2004, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I dont think they should be allowed to have the bomb.

The UN should act.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

yeh I'm sure kim jung il will just let the un walk in and take his bombs

Wally~~rolls eyes

highsea
06-18-2004, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I dont think they should be allowed to have the bomb.

The UN should act.
Q<hr /></blockquote>
I agree Q, but I doubt the UN or the IAEA can really enforce anything. I read a report by the head of the Iraqi program about how they manipulated the IAEA, and it was quite an eye-opener. Iran, I think, is following their example today.

If Israel hadn't have bombed Saddam's nuke plant in the 80's, he would have had a bomb before the invasion of Kuwait. That would have prevented us from kicking him back to Iraq in '91.

There is a good chance it is already too late for Iran. They may already have enough HEU to build one or two bombs.

-CM

bluewolf
06-18-2004, 07:49 PM

The UN should act.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

I believe that Bush and Powell tried to get some action out of the un before Iraq was invaded. There are many factions in the un and it was hard to get anything agreed on, according to woodward's info from Bush.

Laura