PDA

View Full Version : Midwest 9 Ball Tour Tournament Results

JimS
05-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Greettings ccb'rs. I have news from Burlington Iowa where the Midwest 9 Ball Tour just completed their $5,000 added tournament at Whitey's Bar & Billiards.

Fourth place was taken by James Baraks aka Jamie Wilson. In third place was Jeff Carter, Madison Ws.. Second place Jesse Bowman Moline Il. and Larry Nevel of Madison Ws took home first place money.

Carter was very impressive after losing his very first match of the tournament he came all the way through the brutal elimination bracket to take third. Jeff showed strong signs of a return to his old excellance and precise play. Strong.

Jesse Bowman came through the winners bracket losing only to Nevel and then catching an unbeatable gear when he matched up with Carter running rack after rack. Jeff did nothing to lose. Jesse just took it, and quickly.

After having beaten Carter for the elimination bracket final Jesse then came on strong in the middle of the first set against Nevel coming from a 6-2 deficit to win the first set 9-8. Nevel was just too strong winning the final set by the score of 9-3 (I think....I was running my mouth and listening to some noisy dogs woof and lost track of the score)

My thanks to Whitey Walker for putting this on and my congratulations to all who played for making this a great tournament for those of us who didn't possess the requisite speed to be in this race!