PDA

View Full Version : Any Kansas players on this board?

1a2b3c
06-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I live in Wichita and thought i would see if there are any other kansans here.

stickman
06-18-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm in Parsons, about two hours drive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1a2b3c
06-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Cool, i dont think ive been to Parsons. Do you ever play in Wichita?

stickman
06-19-2004, 04:16 PM
I played there once. I don't remember the name of the place. It was a little south of Harry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1a2b3c
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Haha, theres lots of places south of harry. Im gonna guess it was rumors though. I play everywhere but ive never been to rumors yet. I just moved back to kansas and just started playing again and im not up to a Rumors caliber yet. So are you an A player? I would make the trip to play with you.

I drive all over this state and play. I got stiffed on a money game a couple weeks ago in Winfield. I just stopped in for a friendly game and everyone started playing me money games like i was some kind of mark. I didnt hustle them either, i gave them my best game and if they wanted more i kept on winning. Most would quit after a couple of games except this one group of guys. I knew when they kept running the double or nothing i wasnt getting paid but i didnt care i just wanted to win. Im kinda amazed they didnt jump me when i left.

Rod
06-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm familiar with the area, played a few times in Wichita years ago. I think the best player was freight train (Greg Stevens) some other guy my memory has left his name was Donnie something. My folks use to own a motel in Dodge City, yahoo shoot em up!

Rod

stickman
06-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Yes, it was a Rumors. It was like going to a gun fight with a water pistol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd love to play you. I'm only a weak sl/5. If I can't give you a decent game, I'm sure I can find someone who can. We have some players. I give them heck in the rated tournaments. I get to play as a 4. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I play all the local tournaments. I don't play very much for money. I'm disabled and have been through a lengthy divorce, and don't have the funds.

stickman
06-19-2004, 07:22 PM
July 10th, there is a 3-7 gauranteed $500 1st place, $250 2nd place, and $125 3rd place 9ball tournament here. June 26th is a tournament of champions with around $1000. You had to be qualified after 24 weeks. I qualified. It is up to a vote on 8ball or 9ball. I suspect it with be 8ball. That's okay by me, I got 2nd place last time I played 8ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you can get in as a 7 or lower on the July 10th, let me know if you're interested. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1a2b3c
06-20-2004, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I'm familiar with the area, played a few times in Wichita years ago. I think the best player was freight train (Greg Stevens) some other guy my memory has left his name was Donnie something. My folks use to own a motel in Dodge City, yahoo shoot em up!

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I use to play at Greg Stevens Game Room all the time when i was in high school. You had to be carefull of who you played in there cause it was a rough place. I see they closed it down while i was away.(stabbing i heard) Its too bad. I had many fond memories of many beatings i took from playing in there. Im not sure who the Donnie guy is. Theres alot of good sticks around here though. Junior Brown, Terry Young, and Jeremy Vulcamore are the names i keep hearing. I watched Vulcamore play a little bit the other night. If you can run 4 staight racks of 8ball youre better than i am. The only way im running 4 racks of 8 is if i get three 8ball breaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you know any Dodge City players? I gotta a buddy named Rob from Dodge. Hes a good shooter but his dads better. I seen his dad jump a ball with only a 1/4 inch gap in between them.

Rod
06-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Well that was years ago and I forget when Greg died. The other guy was supposedly one of the best but not real strong. I put to many racks together for him to survive.

The people and places change in this sport just like others. The last time I saw Greg was sleeping on a pool table out in the Orange County area in Calif. The bartender or owner said he was up several thousand and went busted after 3 or so days. Nothing new for him, you can only stay up so long on speed. lol

Rod

1a2b3c
06-20-2004, 11:49 AM
I gotta roof my dads house from the week of the 4th to the 10th. If i get done early id love to run down there for a game. I dont enter nine ball tourneys usually. Im more of an 8ball player. Ill be around on this board though, i get kicked off my political board i posted on so i think im gonna skip talking politics and just talk pool for awhile. If i dont make it down for this game keep me posted on some other games in the future. The divorce is what gave me the money to play and its what gave me the time to start playing again. I didnt play at all for the last 5 years. Thats why it shouldnt be any problem at all for me to get in lower than a 7 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1a2b3c
06-20-2004, 12:05 PM
yeah, never play a tweaker for money. If you catch them after being up for 3 or 4 days its probably easy money. Only up for a day or 2 on speed, your usually gonna lose. How can you beat a guy whos been on the table for 48 staight hours and isnt the slightest bit tired?

fuelinplanes
06-20-2004, 02:01 PM
hi there, i live in wichita and play at rumors every couple of weeks on the weekend. terry young is excellent to watch play(if you can ever catch him). maybe someday we'll have to shoot a few games. i dont play for money though, not good enough for that yet.

stickman
06-20-2004, 03:08 PM
There was a young guy named Jeremy that played in one of our tournaments a month or more ago. I didn't remember his last name, but I think he was from Wichita. He got in as a 7, and just played with our best shooters. He just used a house stick off the wall, and could do some amazing things with it. I watched him playing one of our best shooters, and hooking him four times straight without attempting to make a ball. He won, but wasn't invited back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceebee
06-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Have you ever made it to Coffeyville? There are some nice deposits of cash in Coffeyville. The Tournaments pay out $2500 lots of times (including the Calcutta). Come on down to Bartlesville, we'll find someone you can beat. Like ol' Bob Parker says, "come on down..."

1a2b3c
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
my buddy grew up in Bartlesville. Ive heard many stories.