PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Ray

Popcorn
06-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Today was Ray Charles funeral. His death seems to have been lost in all the news. First the death of Ronald Reagan, then the killing of the American today. I thought Larry King may do one of his remberance shows tonight but he didn't, the subject was Clinton. Cnn was suppose to cover the funural today but the breaking news took the front. Well I'm thinking about Ray tonight, a nice man with an amazing gift, who left the world a better place then he found it.

Sid_Vicious
06-18-2004, 11:06 PM
"a nice man with an amazing gift, who left the world a better place then he found it."

Well said...sid

Chris Cass
06-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi Popcorn,

You know, he was a great man. Many times he went along with many digs on him and laughed along with us. I don't think anyone will ever forget him. He made great music and is a household name. Enough to use it many times in pool as other sports. What a guy. He'll be missed. His loss of sight would crush many people but he put his feelings in his music. He was truely an inspiration to anyone dealing with an disability. That means so much, not to mention the joy he brought to all of us. Just a great human being.

Regards,

C.C.~~good post...

cueball1950
06-18-2004, 11:15 PM
What a showman, what a voice. truly one of our greatest performers. could cross all music lines and satisfy everybody. only got to se him once. should have made an effort to see him more. Go with Gods speed Ray. and may you rest in hevenly peace. You deserve it...........mike

Wally_in_Cincy
06-19-2004, 07:36 AM
I liked him. It seemed like he was always in a good mood.