PDA

View Full Version : CCB'ers attending the U.S.Open may be seen on ESPN

Brady_Behrman
06-18-2004, 10:02 PM
News just in,

U. S. OPEN 9-BALL on ESPN 2

2004 Championship Gets 4 Hours of Broadcast Time

ST. LOUIS, MO (June 18, 2004) -- Billiard Club network (BCn) is proud to announce an agreement with ESPN to produce and broadcast a minimum of 4 feature matches from the 2004 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship with options for more programming. ESPNís program director has given the green light to poolís most prestigious event for an October broadcast schedule.

In addition to the 87.1 million homes in the U.S. that get ESPN 2, ESPN will also provide the programming to its international partners worldwide. BCn will maintain co-distribution rights internationally, live Internet distribution, and videotape/DVD sales rights.

"This is great news for the U.S. Open and for pro pool," said Barry Behrman, the eventís founder and promoter. "Many thanks to BCn for its vision and dedication to the TV production and distribution over the past two years. The Open was on ESPN in the early 90ís, BCn put it on pay-per-view live in 2002 and increased the distribution in 2003 on regional cable networks. Now itís back where it rightfully belongs, on the worldwide leader in sports."

ESPN also has an option to broadcast the Ring Game of Champions, set for Sunday, September 5, 2004 as a kickoff to the Open. This event, similar to the Ring Game at the Derby City Classic taped in January, will consist of 6 players playing for a "winner-take-all" prize to be determined. This Ring Game will feature past U.S. Open Champions and will be broadcast live online at www.billiardclub.net (http://www.billiardclub.net) along with BCnís entire production of the U.S. Open 9-Ball tournament.

"This is just another step in the overall plan to establish pool as a nationally recognized sport," said Rob Sykora, BCn president. "Having the most prestigious title in professional pool on ESPN benefits everyone involved, from the players, to the room operators, to the manufactures and retailers."

"One thingís for sure," added Sykora, "thereíll be no shortage of opportunities to see this yearís U.S. Open, The entire event will be broadcast live online through our web site. So, if youíre a pool fan, youíll be hard-pressed to miss it. We will also continue with our weekly regional cable broadcasts featuring other major events including the Derby City Classic."

For more detailed information about the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, visit the event home page at www.usopen9ballchampionship.com. (http://www.usopen9ballchampionship.com.) For sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact BCn at 1-866-774-8770 or visit www.billiardclub.net. (http://www.billiardclub.net.)

All player registration and ticket sales information is available at www.billiardhq.com. (http://www.billiardhq.com.)

Wally_in_Cincy
06-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Great news Brady.

I think Rob should buy us all BCn t-shirts to wear for the cameras /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

larrynj1
06-19-2004, 01:01 PM
congrats and thanks to all involved in making this happen.

i hope the ring games will provide the necessary excitement to take televised pool to a higher level.

bank pool is another exciting and awe-inspiring game to watch.

Chris Cass
06-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi Larry,

I'll be the one tap dancing in front of the cameras. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll wear a pink poka dot shirt with chest level pants and clown shoes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~j/k

highsea
06-19-2004, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Larry,

I'll be the one tap dancing in front of the cameras. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll wear a pink poka dot shirt with chest level pants and clown shoes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~j/k <hr /></blockquote>

We'll be rootin for you anyway! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
-CM

larrynj1
06-19-2004, 09:07 PM
i have a clown phobia so i'll have to turn away in disgust, cc.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Clowns have it made, they will never be eaten by canniblas. Because they tase FUNNY.

9 Ball Girl
06-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Hmmm. I guess that means that me any my crew will have to make our "scorecards" a tad bit larger and bolder. Hey, your Dad liked them! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
06-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Finally some good news. Hopefully they will have good enough numbers so they will offer more than four hours coverage.

Brady_Behrman
06-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I would think that they guarantee that 4 hours then they'll probally play it over and over again kinda like "Trick Shot magic" i guess

Brady

Chris Cass
06-20-2004, 12:59 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You got me Tom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

John in NH
06-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi Brady,

Congratulations and good luck with the US Open, although I will not be able to attend the open, I'm looking forward to being able to watch some of the open matches on Billiard club network and ESPN.

Thanks for helping to make this possible.

Best regards,

John /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif