Jimmy B
06-20-2004, 03:14 AM
The term "JAM UP"

Feel free to add to this list ;-)

JB

DialUp
06-20-2004, 03:40 AM
Trick shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trick Shots and Tangent Line are synonymous, for the most part...

PQQLK9
06-20-2004, 03:59 AM
Pop-Ups, Spammers, Viruses and Tele-Marketers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

sack316
06-20-2004, 04:06 AM
people walking up on shots. Like Tuesday in league I was on fire, running out racks I'm not really good enough to run. Even my draw stroke was on and accurate ( which is amazing for me). Anyway, every time I got to the nine my opponent walked on around, grabbed the rack from under the table and stood there waiting, all while I'm in my practice routine. he's a nice guy that I know, so I didn't say anything cuz I kept making them. Well, about the third time he's right in my line of sight for my shot, like a dummy I shoot anyway even though I knew if I noticed him that well I wasn't concentrating on my shot, and I shank it bad. Then he goes "oh, did I mess you up?" I just said "No, I missed it on my own. But it doesn't help me either." I did wind up winning big anyway though.
oh yeah, and I hate having to pay for stuff.

Frank_Glenn
06-20-2004, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> people walking up on shots. Like Tuesday in league I was on fire, running out racks I'm not really good enough to run. Even my draw stroke was on and accurate ( which is amazing for me). Anyway, every time I got to the nine my opponent walked on around, grabbed the rack from under the table and stood there waiting, all while I'm in my practice routine. he's a nice guy that I know, so I didn't say anything cuz I kept making them. Well, about the third time he's right in my line of sight for my shot, like a dummy I shoot anyway even though I knew if I noticed him that well I wasn't concentrating on my shot, and I shank it bad. Then he goes "oh, did I mess you up?" I just said "No, I missed it on my own. But it doesn't help me either." I did wind up winning big anyway though.
oh yeah, and I hate having to pay for stuff. <hr /></blockquote>

I would have asked him the first time he did this if he was conceeding. If he said "NO" then I would tell him if he did that again I will consider it that he is, and for him to put the rack down and go sit. That is a shark move, and poor sportsmanship. YMMV

woody_968
06-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Music being too loud in the pool room.

landshark77
06-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Pool table groupies.
Don't hang around if your not gonna play.

dr_billiards
06-20-2004, 11:15 AM
NITS /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
06-20-2004, 11:22 AM
People that hate things! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ketchup and mayonnaise on my burger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rod

Rod
06-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Yes it is and I agree. Some may not know any better, newbies. For the most part though they do, I have shot the ball into the end rail, gambling, then told them to rack em. Either that or point my cue to their seat. lol They did know better.

Rod

UTAddb
06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Carrot top and Gilbert Godfried

Chris Cass
06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
People who mumble from the chair. SPIT IT OUT or STFU!!

C.C.

irunrax
06-20-2004, 01:12 PM
People who think they are hustlers. Shark moves like, talking BS while you are shooting, or chalking right next to you while you shoot. People who quote lines from "Color of Money", "the Hustler", of "PoolHall Junkies" while you are playing them. People who critique other players and say they are inconsistent, everyone is inconsistent otherwise the same people would always win. The walking pro-shops. Oh, and loud music.:))

Chris Cass
06-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi irunraxs,

I used to hate that stuff too but came to the realization that, they can't win and need that for a crutch. Now, I just tell them their pathetic.

I try not to hate things at all now. The one thing that bothers me the most is pigion-holing a players speed. It's something I do not like to hear from someone. Then having to run tourneys and I'm forced to do the same thing I can't stand doing. I don't know?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

DMoney1644
06-20-2004, 01:52 PM
i hate people who can beat me even though they rarely practice. i also hate the days that i leave my cue sitting lifeless in its case, not even taking it out to try to smooth my crooked stroke. im sure my cue hates that too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_billiards
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Agreed on both of these

Fred Agnir
06-20-2004, 02:15 PM
When people try to time yelling, "YOU DA MAN" but get *before* the player hits the ball.

highsea
06-20-2004, 02:48 PM
When people who don't even play call me a hustler or a pool shark because I have my own cue.

-CM

DMoney1644
06-20-2004, 03:21 PM
i just thought of another one! i absolutely HATE it when im playing someone and they pick up my cue to shoot with. it may be a sneaky pete, but it's the lucasi L-2000SP for crapping out loud. not exactly the sneakiest hustler cue ever. i don't know about you guys, but i've never seen a valley one-piece with mother of pearl inlays and birdseye maple.

Frank_Glenn
06-20-2004, 06:08 PM
1. warm beer
2. wet toilet paper
3. a wiseass

Troy
06-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Next time you can answer "No, I was taking a practice shot."

Technically, getting out of his chair is concession of game.
Whether in your line of sight or not.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>"oh, did I mess you up?" <hr /></blockquote>

crawdaddio
06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Losing

Chris Cass
06-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi ya crawdaddio,

Shocked me, I would think it'd be a change of pace? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-20-2004, 11:49 PM
I can't say I hate anything, but I do dislike people that dwell on negatives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
06-21-2004, 02:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>
1. warm beer
2. wet toilet paper
3. a wiseass <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like a bad night.

JB

Jimmy B
06-21-2004, 02:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I can't say I hate anything, but I do dislike people that dwell on negatives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I guess you'll have to block me LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

haywood
06-21-2004, 02:58 AM
or an even worse, hungover next day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
06-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Pool players who profess to play good, bitch about the state of the game, and then don't support events in their area because some better players may show up to play...the small pee-pee syndrome....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
06-21-2004, 06:17 AM
Loud music at any time, but especially when I'm trying to shoot. However I love music and enjoy it at a reasonable volume while I play.

When I lose because of my screw up not the other player's good play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif That goes for all competitive events not just pool.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2004, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> When people who don't even play call me a hustler or a pool shark because I have my own cue.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When drunk guys come up to you in the tavern saying "I hear you're the pool shark around here. Let's play some" when all you want to do is sip your beer and watch tv

Wally_in_Cincy
06-21-2004, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> The term "JAM UP"<hr /></blockquote>

the term "green baize"

what the hell is baize anyway? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frank_Glenn
06-21-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> The term "JAM UP"<hr /></blockquote>

the term "green baize"

what the hell is baize anyway? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Main Entry: baize
Pronunciation: 'bAz
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French baies, plural of baie baize, from feminine of bai bay-colored
: a coarse woolen or cotton fabric napped to imitate felt

I guess Simonis doesn't qualify for this term. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-21-2004, 07:17 AM
People who luck in shots and get position on the next ball and then shake their head because they wished it hadn't happened that way when inside they're probably like Woohoo!

Fighting your way back to get on the hill with your opponent, alternate break and your opponent snaps in the 9.

Lucky 9s.

Players that don't put equipment back where it goes i.e. the rack on the rack thingy, the bridge on the bridge holder thingy, etc.

Players that after missing a shot, take the chalk back to their seat and chalk up. Um, like it's not your turn it's mine so give back the chalk!

When your opponent walks away while you're shooting to go talk to whomever, comes back and asks if they have ball in hand. Pay Attention!

Wendy~~~Monday morning vent.

landshark77
06-21-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
When your opponent walks away while you're shooting to go talk to whomever, comes back and asks if they have ball in hand. Pay Attention!

Wendy~~~Monday morning vent. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL...add this one to mine too!

crawdaddio
06-21-2004, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi ya crawdaddio,

Shocked me, I would think it'd be a change of pace? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Ahhhhh....if only that were true.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey BTW CC, if you're ever down my way (central IL), please get a hold of me, I'd really enjoy meeting and shooting around some. I get the feeling you're quite the player. Where do you hang at? I very occasionally get up thataways.

bluewolf
06-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Poor sportsmanship during a match, by either the opponent or if league play by their captain.

Laura

pooltchr
06-21-2004, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Pool players who profess to play good, bitch about the state of the game, and then don't support events in their area because some better players may show up to play...the small pee-pee syndrome....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah! What he said!!

Eric.
06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Pool players who profess to play good, bitch about the state of the game, and then don't support events in their area because some better players may show up to play...the small pee-pee syndrome....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Cheese,

I'm sure you see alot of that everywhere; Some poolplayers talk a better game than they put on the table.

Eric

Eric.
06-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Pool.

Eric &gt;only at times

SpiderMan
06-21-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> The term "JAM UP"

Feel free to add to this list ;-)

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Mayonnaise.

If you leave it out long enough, does it "turn good"?

SpiderMan

Chopstick
06-21-2004, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> Anyway, every time I got to the nine my opponent walked on around, grabbed the rack from under the table and stood there waiting, <hr /></blockquote>

If your opponent touches the table that's a concession. It's no different than breaking down his cue.

Chris Cass
06-21-2004, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>
Ahhhhh....if only that were true.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey BTW CC, if you're ever down my way (central IL), please get a hold of me, I'd really enjoy meeting and shooting around some. I get the feeling you're quite the player. Where do you hang at? I very occasionally get up thataways.<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Crawdaddio,

Quite the player, I doubt but I can hold my own. I shoot and work up at LeisureTime Billiards home of Jesse Bowman and family. They've been pretty good to me and I repay them by charging people money. LOL I work the counter. hahaha

That's in the Quad Cities and I'm there most everynight with my family. I'd welcome you anytime to hit some One Pocket, Banks, 9 ball or 14.1 on the 9fts. The bar boxes are Diamonds till he sells them off. He's ACS you know. LOL

BTW, if anyone reading this and I owe you money? I don't have any. LOL LMAO I'll give you a pm on onepocket.org when I learn how. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, just to satify the post. I don't like to be woofed at and when I agree to play, they tell me no, or they want weight. I don't mind the woof part. I like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
06-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Sex on a pool table! I once tended bar way before I met my wife. Anyway, this really hot babe stayed as I closed the bar and wanted to have sex on the damm pool table. The table is located in the dang window. Sure, it was an entertaining thought but I declined. I just think some things are sacred! Still, can't believe I turned her down. You know, she never talked to me again.

Regards,

C.C.~~after she left I drank the rest of the pinapple shots and about 5 shots of crown. thank God, I got home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jimmy B
06-21-2004, 02:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Sex on a pool table! this really hot babe stayed as I closed the bar and wanted to have sex on the damm pool table. I declined. I just think some things are sacred!

<hr /></blockquote>

I read this 12 times, I can't imagine I read it right. I am going to take a nap and read it again later. He did say HOT right??? I am befuddled.

JB

Voodoo Daddy
06-21-2004, 06:17 PM
1]Railbirds...the no bet a nickel kind /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
2]Knockers...the ones that do it constantly /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif.
3]Bernie and Gremlin on azbilliards.com...not hate but dislike alot /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
4]People that teach...and wont look at another perspective /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
5]Pool Room owners...that are only in it for the $$$, that forgot the love of the game and the people that pay their bills. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
6]A jukebox w/o Stevie Ray Vaughan...classless /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
7]Players that wanna double the bet on the laydown, but wont when they are suckin' wind!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Voodoo~~~hates lists most of all /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Popcorn
06-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I hate all generalities, including this one.

Chris Cass
06-22-2004, 06:32 AM
I hate when my friends die. It makes me feel helpless and it hurts too much.

C.C.~~misses Andy Grubb /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif