PDA

View Full Version : Do you vote for the man or the party?

bluewolf
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I was sharing with my husband about what a hard time I had deciding on who to vote for in the last election, and I find myself again trying to look at all of the pros and cons with respect to the two dominant candidates. He responded 'that is because you vote for the man instead of for the party'.

I just wonder how many here really try to look at the candidates to decide vs those who vote for the party that the candidate represents.

Laura

Chris Cass
06-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Laura,

I used to vote straight ticket but as I matured I came to think it was im my interest to vote for the person I want to be in that position. Many times I've had to vote for canadates that were not in my party. They were the only ones running. I still vote for the ones I want and some for those I have no clue of them. Guess, that's why the country is messed up. The court system for sure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~wanted in Pa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluewolf
06-21-2004, 07:25 AM
What is sad, Chris, is when we find ourselves voting for the lessor of two evils, not really liking or respecting either but voting for the one who is likely to mess up the country the least.

I guess I felt that way in the last election and unfortunately am feeling much the same way in the upcoming one also.

The only one I have thought anything of really, for a long time was Ross perot.

Laura

moblsv
06-21-2004, 08:25 AM
As usual, I checked 'no affiliation' on my voter registration card yesterday. I have always voted for the candidate, not the party. With that said, when selecting for local seats or other situations where I haven't put in enough research to really know the people I revert to a non-republican.

Chris Cass
06-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Ross Paro? I too would have voted for him and I was really shocket he was all talk and backed out. I would have concidered Forbes too. If he can't get us out of debt, I don't know who would.

C.C.

bluewolf
06-21-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Ross Paro? I too would have voted for him and I was really shocket he was all talk and backed out. I would have concidered Forbes too. If he can't get us out of debt, I don't know who would.

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

I was referring to the bush sr/clinton/perot election. Perot dis get about 13% of the vote, which was a record for an independent. At the time, I was hoping that, if he was elected, he could work with both parties, being neither.

I have heard that just like Nader may hurt the democrats, that perot may have had a negative impact on the republicans in that election, enabling the election of clinton.

Laura