PDA

View Full Version : How do you stack the issues?

bluewolf
06-21-2004, 08:48 AM
This is a concern of mine. It seems that there is so much emphasis on the current 'hot' thing, the war, that people are not really 'hearing' what other things the candidate stands for. There is not even any significant evidence that Kerry would have done a better job. It is sort of like people do not remember the good stuff you did, only on things that go sour.

I really do hope that there are enough people in this country to look at all issues, not just the war.

Laura

Cueless Joey
06-21-2004, 09:07 AM
It's easy for me.
I'm pro 4th ammendment.
I hate welfare.
I hate more taxes.
I want a strong America image. I like the economy now and it's heading to even better days.

landshark77
06-21-2004, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> It's easy for me.
I'm pro 4th ammendment.
I hate welfare.
I hate more taxes.
I want a strong America image. I like the economy now and it's heading to even better days. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm with you. I'm also big on the 1st ammendmnet.

mred477
06-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Hate government intervention into anything but foreign policy. As such, the most important issues to me are:

Foreign policy
Tax reductions
Social Security Privatization
Medical care being left out of the government's hands

I've heard many people say that they agree with most Republicans except for the Bible thumping. If that's so, then you should check out the Libertarian party. There is a mild branch that isn't for getting rid of all government intervention, but we are for reducing regulation that is ineffective and counterproductive. We're not all crazy, drugged-out hippies /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Will

highsea
06-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Top 5 in order of importance:

A strong defense and fair foreign policy
Honesty and integrity in elected officials
Individual liberties and personal accountability
A strong economy with job opportunities for all
Effective policies on education

-CM

pooltchr
06-21-2004, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mred477:</font><hr> Hate government intervention.....I've heard many people say that they agree with most Republicans except for the Bible thumping. If that's so, then you should check out the Libertarian party. There is a mild branch that isn't for getting rid of all government intervention, but we are for reducing regulation that is ineffective and counterproductive. We're not all crazy, drugged-out hippies /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Will <hr /></blockquote>

TAP! TAP! TAP!