PDA

View Full Version : Things I like besides pool

stickman
06-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I like hunting and fishing. I like working in my garden. I especially like my lawn pond. The sound of gurgling water is so soothing and relaxing. I can sit for hours watching the goldfish swim. I have solar lights around my pond so I can sit on the deck and enjoy it after the sun goes down. I like cooking out on the grill. I like watching my grandson playing baseball and football. Lots of things, just a few that come to mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

Kato
06-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Cooking, Baking, & Reading.

I like watching pretty much any sport except soccer and women's anything though I make an exception for all USA Women Olympians.

I've spent plenty of time out on the playing fields but the old body won't have that anymore. I'll still play raquetball from time to time.

Kato

nAz
06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Cooking, Baking, &amp; Reading.
Kato <hr /></blockquote> dude you sound pretty well domesticated /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif How are you doing anyways?

Besides Pool i like 3C Billiards Basketball, baseball and Fencing.

Karatemom
06-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Besides pool? Geez, can't think of anything, LOL.

I like sitting and playing games on the computer, working out, taking a drive in the evening like tonite, 63 degrees and calm - just beautiful weather, with the windows down and the radio on.

Heide

moblsv
06-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Take big dog (125 lb labrador) up on the ATV and ride around in the mountains, maybe even set up camp for the night.

Take Bomber (55 lb lab, border collie mix) out on the boat and spend the day Wakeboarding with a few buddies.

Take the Mountain Bike and ride around in the Mountains alone

Walk 18 holes of golf with a few friends.

Softball, only one night a week this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sit on my Buttcrack and drink beer.

pooltchr
06-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Jazz
Football
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Ice Cream
A Peanut Butter sandwich with Ice Cream!
Camping
The Beach
My first cup of coffee in the morning
Cats
Las Vegas
Scotch
Pizza
NASCAR
Who's Line is it, Anyway (tv show)
John Grisham books

Wally_in_Cincy
06-23-2004, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> ...I especially like my lawn pond. The sound of gurgling water is so soothing and relaxing.....<hr /></blockquote>

You would have liked the place I went to Sunday. It was a new home showcase of 16 $million-plus homes. A couple of them had built-in 10-foot high waterfalls in the back yard and one had an artificial creek that was about 20 feet long. Pretty cool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like seeing how the other half lives /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-23-2004, 06:52 AM
My neice and 2 nephews
Being a Woman (in all aspects)
Reading
Going for walks
Rollerskating
Bike riding
Going for drives
Amusement parks
Flying to anywhere
DisneyWorld
Going to the gym
Talking to you guys
Kicking back at home on a rainy day
Cleaning and laundry (Yes, I love to do these things)

landshark77
06-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Music,
ah, music,
and ah, music,
Law and Order
Sci-Fi
Psychological Thrillers
Lifetime
Comedy
Internet
and...did I say music?

Voodoo Daddy
06-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Taking DOLL on my Harley and riding for hours.
A wide selection of music like Miles Davis, Slipknot and Stevie Ray Vaughan &lt;life would suck without music&gt;
Getting spooled by a 10 lb Bonefish in the Florida Keys.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Shooting Skeet, trap, Doves, Ducks...etc
Watching "The Shield", any legit Poker tournament and Speed TV!!
Riding/Driving home knowing someone cant wait for me to be there.

Voodoo~~~I got more but I'm done typin' for now

#### leonard
06-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Voodoo Daddy, Ray Charles said he would rather be blind than deaf. Never to hear music would bother him more than not seeing. ####

Barbara
06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Sailing.
Cooking and baking.
Driving the Jersey roads in The Beast with the T-Tops off.
Being anywhere in the Caribbean and its clear blue waters.

Barbara~~~is going to hit the Lottery, buy a big-ass sailboat, and sail from island to island to island... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
06-23-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Ice Cream
A Peanut Butter sandwich with Ice Cream!
<hr /></blockquote> It is funny to me that you mention these sandwiches. When I was in middle school my class went to the taping of the Mickey Mouse Club. A girl from the audience and I were picked to play a game in the show. The game was to see who could eat a dessert the fastest. My dessert was a peanut butter sandwich with ice cream. The girl got to drink some kind of shake. I guess they had added the ice cream a few minutes prior to the taping and the bread got soggy. I took the first bite, and almost threw it up. I just sat there with it in my mouth waiting for the first opportunity to spit it out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A little embarrasing, but it was cool to be on TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-23-2004, 11:06 AM
I enjoy doing a lot of things:
<ul type="square"> Playing my trumpet Woodworking Fishing (I have only been fishing 2 times and both have happened this year /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) Reading tinkering around on the internet watching sports on tv (except ice hockey, I hate that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) [/list]
I would say my favorite thing to do to relax and "get away from everything" is to play my trumpet. I have recently started taking guitar lessons (one day I will be able to Malaguena on the guitar) so I guess that could have been added to the list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is quite humbling to learn the scales and chords and a few licks, then hear Esteban play Malaguena. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just don't think my fingers were meant to play the guitar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Pretty good since I quit playing pool Naz. Not as much frustration. I still slam balls into rails on my Wednesday night league but hopefully not for much longer.

I quit smoking some where around a month ago and went on a diet and started working out. I'm down from 202 pounds to about 185 now and I feel really good. I'd really like to drop another 10 pounds and have a six pack (one that you don't buy at the store /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Basically I'm not domesticated though, I'm boring is more like it. Cooking is just a way to make other people happy and do something structured yet creative at the same time.

Like everyone else though, I sure do like my music.

Kato~~~has very much changed priorities lately but I hope to revisit my pool problem in the not too distant future.

9 Ball Girl
06-24-2004, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I quit smoking some where around a month ago and went on a diet and started working out. I'm down from 202 pounds to about 185 now and I feel really good.<hr /></blockquote>I'll keep you company at the Open. You know, we nonsmokers gotta stick together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>I'd really like to drop another 10 pounds and have a six pack (one that you don't buy at the store /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif).<hr /></blockquote>And I'd love ya just the same! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Predator314
06-24-2004, 01:55 PM
My hobbies change every year. Currently I do a lot of fishing, golfing, and bowling. I have been playing a bit of softball too, but that's about over with for the year. I have an ATV that I used to ride quite often, but I haven't rode it but once or twice this year. I think I'm selling it.

I would have to say my favorite non pool playing hobby is golf. It's not just game, it's an addiction.

*edit*

I forgot that I started playing guitar again this year. I have an electric and acoustic I bug the neighbors with. I take the acoustic with me when I'm on the road. I'm not very good, but sometimes you can recognize a song I'm playing.

Kato
06-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Wendy, I have absolutely no trouble hanging out in a bar with smokers and not partaking. I will certainly not miss out on hanging out in front of the Convention Center. It's too much fun.

You'll love alot less of me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

9 Ball Girl
06-25-2004, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> You'll love alot less of me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>Feelings mutual... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rukiddingme
06-26-2004, 06:57 AM
I like to play cards, do jigsaw puzzles, swim, walk, a breezy 72 degree day, laughing with and loving Steve, the love of my life.
ruk