PDA

View Full Version : Accomplishments As President

nAz
06-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I do not think that all these are true if they were bush should be removed right now, but i'm sure they are as accurate as what they say about Clinton.

* Attacked and took over two countries.
* Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
* Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
* First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
* First president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
* First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.
* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
* Set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in U.S. history.
* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
* Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history.
* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
* Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in U.S. history.
* Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
* Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in U.S. history.
* Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
* Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
* Dissolved more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.
* My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in U.S. history.
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history (the 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
* First president in U.S. history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
* First president in U.S. history to order a U.S. attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
* Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.
* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the human rights commission.
* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the elections monitoring board.
* Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history.
* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
* Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
* Refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
* First president in U.S. history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. elections).
* All-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
* My biggest lifetime campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
* Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in U.S. history.
* First president in U.S. history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
* First president to run and hide when the U.S. came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
* First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.
* Took the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history).
* With a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
* Fist U.S. president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
* First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
* Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated U.S. law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
* Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.'
* Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
* In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
* Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.
* In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War.
* Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References

* At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available)
* AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.
* Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
* For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (they can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

highsea
06-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Lol, good god nAz, at least read your post and edit out the obvious nonsense,
example: First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

geez, I think you are stretching it a bit here, buddy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-CM

pooltchr
06-23-2004, 05:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I do not think that all these are true <hr /></blockquote>

Then why even bother to post this nonsense?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Did you get that from Michael Moore's website?

mred477
06-23-2004, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. <hr /></blockquote>

As the oil for food scandal shows, this was sorely needed. And how do you keep from being irrelevant when you never act?

nAz
06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Did you get that from Michael Moore's website? <hr /></blockquote>

he emailed it to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dude are you gonna go see his new movie? i know it is "preaching to the choir but it looks good non the less. some of the previews look pretty funny watching our president hang himself with someof his statements. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BTW how is the Dubbing going? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross
06-23-2004, 04:38 PM
The list is mostly true but also quite misleading, just like the anti-Clinton lists usually are. By removing facts from their context you can make anyone look like an idiot or evil or whatever. With a little editing the above anti-Bush list would be completely true, but still misleading.

For example the statement:

"First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea."

would have been true if it was worded:

"First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea perceiving the U.S. as more of a threat than their immediate neighbor, North Korea."

This list item was based on the results of a January '04 described below:

(From http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040607-015753-3049r.htm)

"More recently, a poll conducted by Research &amp; Research in January 2004 of 800 Koreans found 39 percent said the United States poses a threat to South Korea, compared to 33 percent who said the same about North Korea.

Respondents in their 20s named the United States as a greater threat than North Korea by a ratio of three to one. Respondents in their 30s rated the United States as a greater threat by a ration of two to one, according to the Korea Times newspaper.

By comparison, a Gallup survey conducted in 1993 found that only one percent of respondents considered the United States as the biggest threat to Korea. Nearly three-quarters considered U.S. forces "essential for peace on the Korean peninsula."

Ross
06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I do not think that all these are true <hr /></blockquote>

Then why even bother to post this nonsense? <hr /></blockquote>

Steve, I was surprised that you - of all people - would be critical of Naz for posting this. You just posted an anti-Clinton list and the one point you picked out to emphasize in your post (I think it was item 14) turned out to be completely false. So was your list "nonsense" as well? Or is it only nonsense if it is against your guy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bluewolf
06-23-2004, 06:44 PM
ROFL Boy is this entertaining! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

pooltchr
06-24-2004, 05:40 AM
Ross,
I received the Clinton thing in an e-mail and posted it up as I received it. I had it pointed out to me that one of the items was a case of mistaken identity, and admitted that this was based on bad information. I have seen enough evidence to believe there is a lot of truth in the other items. I also believe, unless someone can show me otherwise, that the second part of that post regarding the "free" home for them is probably true as well.

What I did NOT do, is post up front, the statement that I didn't believe they were true. If I didn't believe they were true, I wouldn't have put them up there.

Steve~~~willing to admit he is wrong when someone can make a factual argument to prove the point.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-24-2004, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Did you get that from Michael Moore's website? <hr /></blockquote>

he emailed it to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dude are you gonna go see his new movie? i know it is "preaching to the choir but it looks good non the less. some of the previews look pretty funny watching our president hang himself with someof his statements. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

I would not give M. Moore my money any quicker than I would buy Clinton's book. Believe it or not I try to be a little bit open-minded but Moore is just full of bullshlt.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>BTW how is the Dubbing going? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

next week for sure

pooltchr
06-24-2004, 06:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> I do not think that all these are true if they were bush should be removed right now, but i'm sure they are as accurate as what they say about Clinton.

* Attacked and took over two countries.
<font color="blue"> What countries have we "taken over?" </font color>
* Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
<font color="blue"> Bankrupted? Does this mean my tax refund check is no good? </font color>
* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
<font color="blue"> Not arguing this one..the man likes to spend money </font color>
* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
<font color="blue"> I can't hold him accountable for the failure of the dot-com industry which had a lot to do with this. </font color>
* Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
<font color="blue"> see above </font color>
* First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
<font color="blue"> And the problem with this is???? </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
<font color="blue"> Has anyone verified this going back through all the previous presidents? </font color>
* First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> The president's job is 24-7...where he happens to be is not relevent </font color>
* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Yeah...9/11 was all his fault </font color>
* Set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Unfortunately, you can't win an election in this country without money </font color>
* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
<font color="blue"> Back to the dot-com thing </font color>
* Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> would like some specifics on this one please </font color>
* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
<font color="blue"> I thought he was an oil man, not a banker. Did he forclose on anyone? </font color>
* Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Would like some verifiable data here </font color>
* Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
<font color="blue"> He spoke when he had something to say </font color>
* Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Constitutional amendments??? This is news to me. </font color>
* Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
<font color="blue"> Someone wasn't around in '73 </font color>
* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
<font color="blue"> Can't fault him for that...I don't think we should have tapped the reserves either </font color>
* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
<font color="blue"> I am a Viet Nam vet and they have been cutting my benefits for years!! </font color>
* Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
<font color="blue"> When you stand by your beliefs, you're going to pi$$ some people off </font color>
* Dissolved more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Facts, please? </font color>
* My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> opinion </font color>
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history (the 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
<font color="blue"> Average wealth for Americans generally moves upward...just keeping up with the times </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
<font color="blue"> My state isn't bankrupt, and our fiscal problems are the result of too many years of dems in the Governers office spending money we didn't have </font color>
* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
<font color="blue"> Ah Ha, now Enron is Bush's fault? </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to order a U.S. attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
<font color="blue"> I would LOVE to hear this explanation </font color>
* Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
<font color="blue"> No argument here...like I said, he does like to spend money </font color>
* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> ditto above </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the human rights commission.
* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the elections monitoring board.
<font color="blue"> The UN has become a joke over the past 20 years. Big Deal! </font color>
* Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Will admit I'm not real thrilled with things that have been done in the name of homeland security. </font color>
* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
<font color="blue">Just recognized the fact that they already were irrelevant </font color>
* Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
<font color="blue"> another joke </font color>
* Refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
<font color="blue"> Again, not a fan of the whole homeland security thing </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. elections).
<font color="blue"> My opinion of the UN has already been noted </font color>
* All-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
<font color="blue"> You mean someone supports him???? </font color>
* My biggest lifetime campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
<font color="blue"> What my friends do is not my responsibility </font color>
* Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> As I recall, it was Clinton that really started overusing polls to decide how to run the country </font color>
* First president in U.S. history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
<font color="blue"> The UN again </font color>
* First president to run and hide when the U.S. came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
<font color="blue"> The Secret Service job is to protect him. He really doesn't have a lot to say about that </font color>
* First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.
<font color="blue"> Perhaps a bit paranoie, but at the time, probably not a bad idea </font color>
* Took the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history).
<font color="blue"> It's a WAR. Some people aren't going to like it. </font color>
* With a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.
<font color="blue"> Every president I remember has tried to resolve problems in the middle east, None succeeded </font color>
* Fist U.S. president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
<font color="blue"> The French and Germans had a vested financial interest in leaving Iraq alone...They were making money as long as we left Sadam there </font color>
* First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
<font color="blue"> Someone else already addressed this one </font color>
* Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
<font color="blue"> Yep! Up until now, all government contractors were squeaky clean </font color>
* Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated U.S. law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
<font color="blue"> How many? </font color>
* Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.'
<font color="blue"> Not yet, anyway </font color>
* Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.
<font color="blue"> Is this his fault too? Sounds like a problem with some law enforcement agencies. Maybe we should have him working over at the FBI too </font color>
* In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.
<font color="blue"> Except for the 9/11 commission, which was more concerned with placing blame than figuring out how to prevent a repeat in the future. </font color>
* Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.
<font color="blue"> Again, I agree...homeland security is going to hurt us all </font color>
* In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War.
<font color="blue"> Obviously you weren't around in the '60s </font color>
* Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
<font color="blue"> They were already heading down when he took office, and now the news seems to say it's turning around again. </font color>

Records and References

* At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available)
* AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.
* Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
* For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (they can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.) <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> I really didn't intend to hit every item on the list, but I got carried away. The point is that anyone can come up with statements to defend what they believe. All you gotta do is bend them a little to make them fit. </font color>

Qtec
06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that anyone can come up with statements to defend what they believe <hr /></blockquote>

Yes , anyone can come up with statements. In your reply you have not proven anything that was stated is untrue.When you posted your Clinton post, you failed to back up anything that was stated with any evidence to show that it was true.
Can you prove that this post from nAz is factually wrong?

Not taking sides here but you are starting to sound like Nightstalker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He also never has facts, only opinions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q

Ross
06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Steve,

I understand your point that you were unaware that any of your anti-Clinton list was untrue when you posted it. I just thought you were a bit harsh on Naz and on his posting when you questioned why he would be posting "nonsense." By the time you responded to Naz you knew that at least some of the negative things you posted about Clinton were untrue, but (and I may be wrong about this) I don't think you would now characterize your entire post as "nonsense". You genuinely believe that Clinton really hurt the country and that even if not all of your facts are correct that the general gist of your points are valid.

I think it is clear that Naz doesn't like the direction that Bush is taking the country and that even if the entire list he posted is not correct, the general gist of his post is correct. As he said he thought the list was likely as accurate as the anti-Clinton list.

I also don't think Naz should be criticized for being openly skeptical of the absolute veracity of his list. We should all be skeptical of any desciption that makes a politician look "all bad" or "all good", especially ones we get anonymously over the internet.

So, IMO either both posts were "nonsense" or neither one was. Personally I would describe both as "semi-factual, biased, innuendo-laden, carefully-worded- to-put-the-subject-in-the-worst-possible-light" lists. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ross ~ Steve's friend even when we disagree

nAz
06-24-2004, 11:34 AM
lol ahhh Ross thank you for explaining my position you did an excellent job, I wish i could be half as articulate as you are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did not bother to respond to Pooltchr because i really thought he was joking, I mean i did type in my original post "I'm sure they are as accurate as what they say about Clinton.
" and no one in there right mind would believe every thing that is said about the last two presidents or Reagan for that matter, no matter how much the person maybe married to their party or the amount of OxyContin they may be on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Ross,
Once again, I have to admit that you seem to have taken the reasonable route here. Both posts were probably meant to be somewhat light hearted, with enough truth to make the reader think.
No, I don't think Clinton was all bad, nor do I think Bush is all good. The real truth and shame of all this seems to be that no matter who we send to Washington, we end up voting for who we believe is the lesser of evils. It's a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Naz....truce?
Steve

Ross
06-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Damn, Steve - there you go being reasonable and easy to get along with. Just had to kill the thread, didn't you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooltchr
06-25-2004, 05:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Damn, Steve - there you go being reasonable and easy to get along with. Just had to kill the thread, didn't you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It's the curse of old age, Ross...you just seem to have developed it a little earlier than most! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
06-25-2004, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>
Naz....truce?
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

? err uh i did not know we were at war?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy
06-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Yet another reason for a "NO ON ALL THE BASTARDS" option on the ballot !!!!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>The real truth and shame of all this seems to be that no matter who we send to Washington, we end up voting for who we believe is the lesser of evils. It's a sad commentary on the state of our country.

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

highsea
06-25-2004, 07:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Yet another reason for a "NO ON ALL THE BASTARDS" option on the ballot !!!!!<hr /></blockquote>
Haha. Maybe we should have a law that if a candidate gets less than 49% he/she automatically loses and the job goes to the local PTA, or maybe the town librarian until the next election.

-CM

Troy
06-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Go ahead, make joke of a serious situation all you want. I wasn't kidding.
Many people vote for the "lesser of two evils" and would gladly reject both (all) if the option were presented. Maybe then, just maybe, truely qualified candidates would run for office.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Yet another reason for a "NO ON ALL THE BASTARDS" option on the ballot !!!!!<hr /></blockquote>
Haha. Maybe we should have a law that if a candidate gets less than 49% he/she automatically loses and the job goes to the local PTA, or maybe the town librarian until the next election.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

highsea
06-25-2004, 08:03 PM
What makes you think I was joking?

-CM~~~not trying to get rid of librarians

Troy
06-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Reference to PTA &amp; Librarians

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> What makes you think I was joking?

-CM~~~not trying to get rid of librarians <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
06-25-2004, 09:14 PM
I think this ad says it all.

watch (http://www.georgewbush.com/Default.aspx)

Q

highsea
06-25-2004, 09:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Reference to PTA &amp; Librarians<hr /></blockquote>
Actually I think PTA or librarians would probably be better than some of the people we elect. Listen, you can switch that to Chefs and Machinists, if you want.

You want a "No on all these bastards" option, but you have to offer an alternative.

Who are the people we are putting in office? Mostly wealthy laywers and CEO's. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a few regular folks have a chance at the job of government. I doubt they could f*ck it up any worse than it is, so what's to lose?

-CM

eg8r
06-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I believe highsea made a joke because your post was definitely viewed as funny. Your solution offers nothing and still does not do anything to drive a "better" politician to run. I think at most it would probably lead to more illegal activities at the voting booth (probably by both sides).

What would happen if your "serious" solution did happen and both candidates were thrown out, then who runs the country? Do you have another vote right away to make sure? Is there some mediator who then chooses in the end? Come on, surely you thought this through further than what you have given us?

eg8r

Troy
06-26-2004, 08:15 AM
IMO the so-called "regular folks" are smart enough to stay away or don't have an ego so huge they think they can do an impossible job.

I didn't offer a solution simply because I don't have one, other than to hope (as I already said) that maybe, just maybe, qualified candidates would run for office.

The frivolous responses and bickering that goes with these political discussions are the reasons I generally avoid them and are the reasons I will again crawl back into my shell and not bother to read further. Generally, you guys are "preaching to the choir" anyway.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> wouldn't mind seeing a few regular folks have a chance at the job of government.
-CM <hr /></blockquote>