PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Liquid Dowels

kgs
06-22-2004, 08:37 PM
I have recently purchased and used Liquid Dowels and so far so good. I do however have the following questions about it. First, is Liquid Dowels nothing more than Super Glue and is the Victor Conte that produces it (or re-packages it) the same Victor Conte involved in all of that BALCO stuff?

Chris Cass
06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi, I wouldn't have a clue. I do know that's what Brady Brehman(sp?) uses and it's good stuff. Why would that matter anyway? Now, you got me curious. LOL

C.C.

kgs
06-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Looks like Super Glue, smells like Super Glue, and holds like Super Glue so is it Super Glue? Of course not, it's Liquid Dowels. lol

As for the other question, there is a Victor Conte Sales Inc. on the bottle and being a frequent visitor of espn.com I can't help but notice the name Victor Conte and BALCO together lately so curiosity got the best of me as it always does.

Ken
06-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Super glue is recommended as a substitute for Liquid Dowels. I wasn't told that it is the same stuff and I didn't ask, but I suspect it is.
Ken in CT

#### leonard
06-23-2004, 05:52 AM
Victor Conte is a pool table supplier in Utica NY. They have been in the pool business longer than me. Cueball 1950 was going to check something with Hippo"s Billiard room in Utica also owned by the Conte's. I don't think they have anything to do with Balco.####

SpiderMan
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kgs:</font><hr> I have recently purchased and used Liquid Dowels and so far so good. <hr /></blockquote>

What is it used for?

SpiderMan

Rod
06-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Join slate seam sections together so they don't shift.

Ken
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I've never seen any Liquid Dowels but I was told to do the following:
1. Before sliding two slates together, put three pieces of absorbent card stock about the size of business cards in the places where dowels would normally be.

2. After sliding the slates together put super glue on the card stock to saturate it and that will hold the slates together.

I don't know if that is the procedure used with Liquid Dowels but I had asked about Liquid Dowels and I was told to just do what I have described above.
Ken in CT

SPetty
06-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi Ken,

That sounds exactly like the description of Liquid Dowel usage instructions I've seen here.