PDA

View Full Version : when the cueball stops listening

sack316
06-23-2004, 02:47 AM
first off, I feel my team was just cursed tonight, as we all lost in bad fashion. but I was just amazed at myself and how I struggled. I mean, my shot making was on point... I just about felt I could make a ball from anywhere.And I needed it to because my cue control was just horrible. Now, I'm not a pinpoint position player, but I get from point A to B usually at least good enough to give me some kind of shot, if not to at least set up for a defensive shot. but tonight I was just out of control with it, and it was real frustrating because it's not like I'm new to it banging balls around. I can only remember 2 times the whole night I was actually in line.The rest of the time I was trying to salvage 2 or 3 ball runs from what should have been 6 or 7 relatively easy. I even scratched I think 6 times. I usually scratch maybe once per match. I was potting balls good enough to keep the score a 14-6 against a strong 4, but the way I was making balls I know if I could have played only decent position I could have beat him at least 15-5. I'm more venting than anything, but can anyone explain why I felt so in stroke all night yet could never get in line? it just frustrated me to no end, I laughed it off all night, but just don't understand it.

1Time
06-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Let it go. Understanding it won't help. You're obviously a better player than that. Put a few hours of practice in. The sooner you start reinforcing better than usual position play, the better. The sooner you forget about it and move on, the better.

Chris Cass
06-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi Sack,

In dead stroke your subconcience mind, concience mind and emotions must line up as one. These did not lastnight. Undoubtably, your thoughts ran through your mind too quickly. You needed to slow these thoughts down.

Regards,

C.C.