PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rules

c.holtz009
06-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Could anyone point me in the direction to the rules for rotation?
Thanks !

PQQLK9
06-23-2004, 09:33 AM
In Rotation you shoot the balls -- yes -- in rotation, and profit when you sink money balls, which may be arbitrarily determined before the game begins. (Four money balls, evenly spaced, keep the game interesting; put as much coin as you choose on, say, the 3-, 6-, 9-, and 12-balls.) The player with the highest point total wins the game, and this also wins a share of the predetermined game booty. A ball's point value is equal to the number on the ball and, since balls 1 through 15 are worth a possible 120 points, the first player to pocket 61 points worth of balls wins. All combos are kosher, as long as the lowest-numbered ball on the table is always the first contacted; pockets need not be called. When a player makes a ball, he takes it from the pocket and sets it aside for himself.

If I recall correctly the balls should be racked with the 1-2-3 on the corners and the 15 in the middle.

Rules of Rotation Pool
Fifteen balls are racked in a triangle, the one is at the apex and the two and three are in the other two angles. On every shot the player must hit the lowest numbered ball first. Failure to do so is a foul. Players who pocket the cue ball, commit a foul. Any pocketed ball is spotted on original point when a foul is committed. The player who pockets the most balls wins the game.

pooltchr
06-23-2004, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> The player who pockets the most balls wins the game.
<hr /></blockquote>

Nick...did you mean to say most balls or most points?
sj

PQQLK9
06-23-2004, 11:41 AM
You caught that too... I cut and pasted that and realized that it should have been most points.

Oh by the way ,I played with a newbie named Steve at the Breakroom on Sun. and he was asking about books so I told him about you and when I mentioned that you were BCA Certified he seemed really interested.
To top it off as I was driving down Independence I passed a car with the tag
"pooltchr" as you were turning into a strip mall. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
06-23-2004, 12:37 PM
That would be me...I've had that tag for a couple of years now.
Thanks for the referral.
sj

pooltchr
06-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Nick,
Almost forgot. Kelly Oyama has set up 4 weekends this summer to hold 3-day sessions in Charlotte. RandyG has agreed to bring the cue-tech road show to Charlotte assuming there are enough students, so if anyone you know would like to take Randy's class, they won't have to go to Dallas to do it. The first was supposed to be this weekend, but I don't think they got the word out quick enough. Other dates are July 23-25 Aug 27-29 and Sep 24-26. If you know anyone interested they can contact Kelly at the WPBA office, Randy at his school, or me.
Thanks.
We really gotta get together and shoot some one of these days.
sj