PDA

View Full Version : Texas Hold Em Poker - Rule Query

Halliarse
06-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi

I have a query in respect of Texas Hold Em rules. If a player folds his cards and is not involved in a showdown or head to head, is he allowed to show his cards to the rest of the table?

Thanks

nhp
06-23-2004, 10:52 AM
The rule is that if you show one person you must show all. (if they want to see)

Singlemalt
06-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeppir, happened at my table during the World Series this year.

Chris Cass
06-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Tap, Tap nhp,

They have this in place because poker players sometimes try to bust eachothers galloons by showing the cards. No offence to the poker players out there but you all really are babies sometimes. hahahaha Like a pool player isn't. LMAO

Good call,

C.C.~~not a player hater. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
06-23-2004, 03:58 PM
I could see why it wouldn't matter if the player who folds shows his cards, but it seems that a player could possibly bet on his hand depending on what the player who folded had in his. I would think it is better to just fold, face down, and that be the end of it.

Heide ~ took 4th in a poker tourney a couple of weeks ago, love the game!!!

JPB
06-23-2004, 10:31 PM
What do you mean exactly? If he folds and isn't involved in the showdown how can he show his cards to anybody? They are in the muck. Do you mean exposing cards to the rest of the table before a fold? Sorry, but I am not sure of the situation you are describing.

If they have actually been folded before the showdown and not exposed before the fold, under no circumstances should they be turned over. If a dealer reached into the muck and started exposing cards I would call the floor. If a player touches the muck I get really upset. Because you really don't know the grabbed card is the one they had, ya know.