PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Plates ??

Wally_in_Cincy
06-23-2004, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> .... I was driving down Independence I passed a car with the tag
"pooltchr" ..... <hr /></blockquote>

This reminds me of being at Valley Forge and walking thru the parking lot reading the license plates

Q BALL

Q STIX

RD THE 9

CUEMAN

Those are the ones I remember. If I was not too cheap to spend the extra $70 per year I would choose "RACKEM"

Local player Mike Hughes got a birthday gift from his wife. Plates reading MY CUES /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any others?

haywood
06-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Unless they have changed here in Illinois, it's no more cost to get personalized plates than standard plates as long as there is at least 1 numeral in it. I've been tinkering with the idea of ordering OMEN Q X2 on my new set. Still mulling it over though.

RedHell
06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
How about BEHIND D 9 ?

There's always 1POCKET

or 1HOLE

I think I could come up with douzains of them...

dr_billiards
06-23-2004, 02:19 PM
I had RACKEM for 2 years, didn't get them renewed,now someone else in Indiana has it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chris Cass
06-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Wally,

Mine read, SHOOOT 9. Had to be 3 O's because someone had the normal spelling. That was when I had my black 84 T/A.

Jesse' had and I think still has, PLAYSOM.

Regards,

C.C.

houseman
06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
the houseman has had a "RAKMUP" plate for 15 years.
I think in Penna if you give up your plate no one else can use the name ever again.

houseman
06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
forgot the ones on my web site
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/billiards-signs.html

JohnBarton
06-23-2004, 05:10 PM
I used to have an airbrushed plate on the front with the common Rack Em' and on the back it was "Pay Up". Then I went into a poolroom in St. Augstine, Florida and as I walked in the door a guy looks at me and says, "I saw your plate, do you want to play some $20 nine ball?" I said sure and he proceeded to snap five nine balls in a row and beat me five more games after that. When it was done I went out and removed the front plate and threw it away. When the car died a couple months later I never renewed the back plate. :-( Vanity plates get me in trouble.

But the best one I saw was "Runout" on a nine ball yellow Corvette. Somehow I got the feeling that owner could do just that.

John

Scott Lee
06-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Mickey...I've had RAKM UP on my plates for 30 yrs!...10 in Colorado, and 20 in Montana!

Scott Lee

Rod
06-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I have a set, not related to pool for twenty years. Make that two sets, I forgot. Here in AZ you keep the plates. No one can register using that name. If you want you could sell the plates and transfer ownership. There was a good looking gal I knew in Tucson that drove a new Corvette. It wasn't stock by any means and it was fast. Her plate read " 2FAST4U". She was! lol Oh ok back to pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RailbirdJAM
06-24-2004, 05:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> I had RACKEM for 2 years, didn't get them renewed,now someone else in Indiana has it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I have "RACK-EM" on my tags! I occasionally get asked to explain what it means.

RailbirdJAM

Wally_in_Cincy
06-24-2004, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> ...There was a good looking gal I knew in Tucson that drove a new Corvette. It wasn't stock by any means and it was fast. Her plate read " 2FAST4U". She was! lol .... <hr /></blockquote>

Driving thru SC in 1988 I was passed by a blonde hottie in a convertible. Her rear plate read IN HEAT. I swear.

OH has a standards committee that will not allow anything suggestive or vulgar. Every once in a while someone slips one thru though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-24-2004, 06:58 AM
Hi RailbirdJAM,

When I had SHOOOT 9 on the T/A I was stopped a few times by rookie cops and checked out. I remember telling all of them, after they asked, why my tags didn't come back to the car? I replied, " Did you call the plate in as SHOOT 9 or SHOOOOOOOOOT 9. LOL They'd get embarassed and walked back to thier car mumbing. 2 apologized and that was it. One, came back and asked what it meant? After telling them I play 9 ball pool. He replied, OH. I know they took it as Shoot, or rather shoot the car. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~my regards to Keith.

Eric.
06-24-2004, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Driving thru SC in 1988 I was passed by a blonde hottie in a convertible. Her rear plate read IN HEAT. I swear.

OH has a standards committee that will not allow anything suggestive or vulgar. Every once in a while someone slips one thru though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I was thinking something like:

U RAK

IBREAK

ICU812

But my favorite has to be...

3M TA3 (use a mirror to read)

Eric

Barbara
06-24-2004, 08:32 AM
A friend of one of my brothers has a red Ferrarri with "laypipe".

And no, he is not a plumber.

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
06-24-2004, 08:47 AM
The plate on my old '73 Road Runner read;

68NIOU1

Voodoo~~~always in it for fun

Eric.
06-24-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> A friend of one of my brothers has a red Ferrarri with "laypipe".

And no, he is not a plumber.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Not many of us are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric

Eric.
06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> The plate on my old '73 Road Runner read;

68NIOU1

Voodoo~~~always in it for fun <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Man,

Nice taste in cars. I was a MOPAR guy too. I had a '70 Challenger, no vanity plates, but had a bumper sticker with tiny letters that read:

nosy little fu&lt;ker aren't you?

Eric

RUNaRAK
06-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I have had this one for a couple of years. In the past I had ..Pooldog (appropriate if you have seem me play /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and Qmaster..(that one I did not really like.) I called the license bureau 1 day after 8ball was made available. I am gonna keep this one.
http://www.jbkoontz.com/Images/8tagsmall.gif

dooziexx
06-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Two of my favorites. I knew these 2 rich kids back from college and they had cool cars and played pool. One was RUNOUT 9 and the other WHYGO 65.

irunrax
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
I have "irunrax" on my vanitity plates, with a plate frame that says "My other car is a Hotwheels". I used to drive a cherry 1973 Buick Century and had "UPDO 73" on the plates. I am going to purchase another car in a few weeks and want "GOTPOOL" on the plate. I will put a "?" after it using a decal. My friend has "UAUGLY1" and another friend has "my camel". The other day i saw a Mercedes with "donthate" on the plate.

socrates
06-25-2004, 02:23 PM
I had the license plate "14 N 1" for several years.

Funny thing was most people thought it was a golf vanity plate suggesting that I had a hole in one on hole # 14.

Cheers,

NH_Steve
06-25-2004, 02:59 PM
This one belongs to BCA Hall of Famer Lou Butera -- parked out in front of Hard Times Sacramento when he was recently there for their Summer Jamboree tourney...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/747085/TopCuewebsized.jpg