PDA

View Full Version : Traveling, Cases & Airport Security

05-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Been reading the many post concerning the above and would like to say " i ain't scart and will be carring my case on board" May 9 to BCA in Vegas. I travel by plane between 30 & 40 weeks a year and usually have case & cues with me. On 9-11-01 I was trapped in Mexico and did not have a major problem with my pool case.
Before 9-11 airport security was a joke. Now, you should expect long waits at the counter checking in, being checked at security & before boarding a plane. Be prepared.
Its not the case that will cause a problem, its the cues. My luggage, which I always check, is a hard case in which my cues will fit . My empty cue case becomes carry on and will fit into the over head compartment. The only way the airlines will stop you from carrying your empty case onboard is the length. If this happens they will gladly ground check your case which means they will tag it, you carry it to the plane & give it to a baggage handler who will put it in the baggage compartment last ( on top of all the other luggage). When you land they will bring your case into the jetway where pick it up, throw it onto your shoulder and walk off like you own the joint.
The only problem I have with the new security is that because of 9-11 they have imposed a new security tax that caused my 2 first class tickets to cost me $20.00. Whats happening here? Whodathunkit, a $20.00 tax on FREE tickets.

Troy
05-06-2002, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: simsd:</font><hr> Whodathunkit, a $20.00 tax on FREE tickets. <hr></blockquote>

Poor baby, had to pay a whopping $20.00 for TWO tickets. I feel so sorry for you.

05-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Tickets free ---$20.00 for 9-11 Airport Security Tax