PDA

View Full Version : My knew balls finally came in :)

woody_968
06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Just happend to go home for lunch today and setting on the kitchen table was a nice little package I have been waiting for /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I ordered a set of Super Aramith Pros, they came with the Rempe ball and with the Pro Cup cueball (six red dots), I couldnt wait so I got them out and played a little during lunch. When I bought my table I purchased a cheap set to get me started, I dont know if its just in my head but man I like these sooooo much better. Not to mention the 15 ball no longer turns 90 degrees when slowing down /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will post on the Rempe Ball after I have had some time to mess with it and see if I think it helps.

DialUp
06-23-2004, 06:02 PM
I just ordered a set of those too but mine set does not come with the pro-cup cue ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ryushen21
06-23-2004, 06:38 PM
The aramit h balls do make a world of difference. atleast IMHO they do. my teamn ordered three sets of them and they do play a hell of a lot better than the house balls we used to have to play on.

ras314
06-23-2004, 07:13 PM
I've been fooling with the Rempe cb for a few weeks, curious if you think it's worthwhile. If you can put a chalk mark on the outside ring of the thing you have a far better stroke than I. It does give one a good aiming point and will sure show you the difference between the tip center and where the tip contacts the ball.

dmgwalsh
06-24-2004, 03:57 AM
Woody- I got some aramith super pros a few weeks ago. They seem to sound different than my old ones. I htink they break a little nicer, too.

Chris Cass
06-24-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> I've been fooling with the Rempe cb for a few weeks, curious if you think it's worthwhile. If you can put a chalk mark on the outside ring of the thing you have a far better stroke than I. It does give one a good aiming point and will sure show you the difference between the tip center and where the tip contacts the ball.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi ras,

I think any investment in your game is worth it alone. Just putting in the time working with it helps you to focus on your stroke and aim. I think you can't go wrong.

As far as the better stroke goes. I think you have that backwards. The better stroke plays within the circle. So, now what do you have to say? hahahaha

Glad to hear the rasman' working on his game,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
06-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Quote C.C. "The better stroke plays within the circle. So, now what do you have to say?"

I say I like the concept. Someone, I think Frank Glenn, wrote hitting the edge of the strip with the stripe verticle was enough english. That works for me.

I find consistency to be the rather obvious key. For that the Rempe training ball seems useful. At least for a duffer like me that can't hit the cb in the same place twice in a row. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Why thank you ras,

Frank is a very knowledgable player and has been around the block. He claims his play is of a lower caliber but many great players have more knowledge than their present skill level. Most due to the time they have to put into the game. Anyone can teach you something, even me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif OPut here in corn country, they rate players on knowledge over skill level all the time.

Regards,

C.C.

RedHell
06-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Chris,

If I know people who knows a lot, does that increase my knowledge rating ?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
06-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Only if they tell you. HAHAHAHHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif back at ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~likes the movie Fargo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif