PDA

View Full Version : This video is unreal, WARNING LARGE FILE

houseman
06-23-2004, 08:20 PM
9 ball, 8 foot table, all balls pocketed on the break, awesome.
www.nec-cafe.nl/poolshot.mpg (http://www.nec-cafe.nl/poolshot.mpg)

houseman
06-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry long day at the pool room,
forgot the http://
http://www.nes-cafe.nl/poolshot.mpg

Popcorn
06-23-2004, 09:20 PM
If you click on the button you can move it a frame at a time with the left and right arrows. Pretty amazing if it was not a trick.

tateuts
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm sure it's a trick - look closely at how loosely the rack is set up. Still, it's a good trick and it's nothing short of amazing they can bank the nine in cross side.

Chris

Cueless Joey
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
They probably waxed those balls and scoth guarded the cloth too.
Heavy cue ball? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malice
06-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Cripes, what an amazing shot, set-up or not!

I edited the footage and slowed it down to one-tenth the original speed. Just is case you want to see it slow-mo and aren't fast with the keyboard.

http://www.vardaman.org/9ball.mpg

Still big -- a bit under 5 megs.

cueball1950
06-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Let me retell a story that i had previously told on here. a story told to me one day. There was a gentleman named Andy bakerian. those that knew him called him Harpo. Sorta looked like 1 of the Marx brothers. Very good 9 ball player and excellent billiard player. Well Harpo was playing another gentleman some 9 ball 1 day and he always had an awsome break. On this particular day he was breaking exceptionally well. Anyway, he broke 1 game and made "ALL" 9 on the break. The next game he made 7 on the break and safed himself behind 1 of the only 2 balls left on the table. This story was told to me by none other than this boards own resident pro, ####leonard. He also told me a story of a time he racked for Harpo to see how he broke and after an hour or so it came out to an average of a little over 2 balls per break that fell. But first he told ####leonard he had to exercise. I believe all he exercised were his hands and fingers. You can believe this story or not. I do, cuz i know both people involved in the story and neither has anything to gain by telling stories. Maybe ####leonard can give us some extra insight into this story...............................mike

Chris Cass
06-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Now you've gone and done it Houseman,

I'm not done with the eleven railer yet. Have pity on this poor counterman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif J/K /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~interesting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
06-24-2004, 03:34 AM
IMO there is something not right with this video.Firstly he gets a lot of action on the balls but he doesnt really hit it that hard. If you check the slo-mo [ thanks Malice] it appears that the 3b goes thru the 5 into the corner pocket.
It could be 2 or 3 trick shots spliced together.
Must admit tho, looks good.

Q

Perk
06-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Can anyone get the 1ball to go directly in the top right corner off the break?

this video is not real, but cool to watch.

Chris Cass
06-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Perk,

It is possible but it's also an 8 ft table. That in itself is an off size imho. That 4x8 is a stranger to me for about 7 yrs. I think Sara Rousey (sp) could elabriate better. Her Dad owned a pool hall with many and she would know more.

Regards,

C.C.~~please forgive my deplorible spelling. no disrespect intended.

SPetty
06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the slo-mo. It's clear to see it's trick photography of some kind when you see it in slo-mo. The one ball just disappears when the rack is hit.

If you count the balls that fall in the pockets, there's only eight that go into pockets. Two in the bottom left, two in the side that the nine went in, and one ball each in the other pockets.

Sure is a neat video, though.

woody_968
06-24-2004, 11:48 AM
The 3 ball disapears as soon as he hits the rack, never would have noticed it if you hadnt said that LOL.

houseman
06-24-2004, 11:50 AM
I knew this video would stir the pot up.
it is amazinng i have to admit

the houseman

Rod
06-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Trick photography, there are several editing erors. The 5 as a wing ball goes directly in the side. Interesting though.

Popcorn
06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
You are right the video has been manipulated. I just watched it again moving it a frame at a time and the 5 ball goes straight up table and in the side for no apparent reason.

crawdaddio
06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
http://www.nes-cafe.nl/home.shtml

click the link to 9 ball shot and view comments......
still pretty cool to watch though /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rod
06-24-2004, 04:37 PM
It's magic, ha ha It's a cheap trick. If anyone wants to spend time with a camera from a fixed Location and other points fixed and edit video they could improve it. I can honestly say, I've never seen a wing ball go directly in the side, until now.

Popcorn
06-24-2004, 05:05 PM
I don't think they did that because at one point a person walks through the picture so it looks like real time. Now a days it is probably very easy to make a video like that with a computer. By the way, I have been in that place.

Nostroke
06-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Well one clue is that nobody goes crazy when he does it-Silence. Some guy just casually grabs the rack. Cool though.

Qtec
06-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Its also a 'koffie shop'.Nobody would even notice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

Popcorn
06-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Smoke and dreams, I don't know of others know what you mean.

crawdaddio
06-26-2004, 08:57 PM
"puff puff, give" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif