PDA

View Full Version : Landon Shufflet on G M America now (ABC)

PQQLK9
06-24-2004, 06:17 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
06-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi Nick,

I wish I could watch it, the only channel on the TV here is CNBC(I'm at work). Maybe you can let us know what happens (shots performed, etc).

I was talking to a friend the other day about the future of Pool. We were saying that if Pool ever put together organized leagues for kids, got some more programs into the schools, that might change Pool to a more "mainstream" sport/game.

Eric

PQQLK9
06-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Good morning Eric,
I think he was on three times,I only saw two. He actually demostrated the SPF (Set Pause Finish) method and performed a staight-in shot with his flawless stroke.
He also did a few Trick Shots Railroad etc. and pocketed 16 balls in about 13sec. (A Personal Best).He did an A B C D E jump shot routine for the benefit of the kids in the audience where he jumped over an obstacle A (strive for A's on your report card)etc...
He performed valiantly considering the hosts were interviewing him while he was shooting. Oh when he did his 16 shot routine he shot the first 8 straight in and when he 3 railed the 9th ball Robin Roberts thought he had missed (she gasped),he proceded to 3 rail the rest of the balls.
Charlie Gibson mentioned that he has a pool table at home also. All in all for the time allowed in was great exposure for pool.

Scott Lee
06-24-2004, 09:13 AM
I had the pleasure of working with Landon Shuffet last summer, for an afternoon, in his home. Both of his parents are teachers (his father, Stan, is also a pro-level player), and they have done a terrific job instilling the right attitude in both he and his sister, about what is REALLY important in life. Although Landon is great young player, he also knows there is life outside pool. Aside from being an "A" student, he also loves several other sports...baseball being one of his favorites. All in all, this segment was a terrific positive image for our sport, and on national live television to boot! Way to go Landon!

Scott Lee

Stan Shuffett
06-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Scott and Nick,
Connie and I appreciate the positive comments about our son, Landon. (Scott,glad you included Kiley.) I was so excited that Landon was allowed to explain a little bit about stroke. GMA was great to work with and they were, by far, the most flexible media group we have worked with to date. Landon will be doing a couple of exhibitions in Kentucky schools this fall and the ABCDE success formula shot will be a part of those exhibitions. GMA was very happy to have Landon share his Hurdles to Success shot.
Scott, I refer to your material often and Landon enjoys working your drills. Recently, Landon made the length of the table straight-in sets of 9, 126 times in a row. He also likes doing the 13 ball drill where he has to call the next 2 shots. We call the above 2 drills SL9 and SL13.
I hope we can meet again, soon.

Stan

Scott Lee
06-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Stan...You know I enjoyed meeting all of your family that day! Kiley has her own special talents too! Actually I was proud to be able to come spend time with Landon. He'll be a great role model for young poolplayers for generations to come. Glad you are using the material. It is a excellent method of maintaining stroke and cueball control for a lifetime of consistency and getting "in the zone"! I look forward to coming back for another visit the next time I'm in KY! Perhaps one of these days, Landon and I will do an exhibition together at one of my schools!

Scott Lee

#### leonard
06-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Scott the one thing I would advise any player with serious aspirations is to never pitch baseball. Throwing curveballs does serious damage to your shoulder/arm.####

#### leonard
06-28-2004, 05:53 AM
What in Hell was I thinking it is better to throw curve balls and make millions.####