PDA

View Full Version : Adult Pool Leagues?

05-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Hey guys, my name is Kelly Bevins, and I'm a 15 year old male from Madrid, Iowa. I've recently (6-12 months), become good at pool. I played when I was grounded for reasons I won't say =X and I got pretty good. Good enough so that no one in my school could beat me... (I've made a decent amount of money). I need an adult pool league that would be willing to allow a 15 year old to play or even a teen league that doesn't have the word "kids" or "youth" in the title =/. I need one that's local unless it's a one time tournament, or something that only lasts a week or whatever. I just want a chance to feel out others in the pool community, see how good my skill level is compared to those in other places. I was thinking of signing up for the APA, but it seemed too... kiddy, maybe? It just didn't seem like a place I would want to get started. If you guys can help me at all, I'd be thankful as Hell. Does anyone have anyone have any good suggestions? Also, feel free to call me if you'd like. My numbers below, as well as my e-mail. Thank you,

Kelly Bevins.
2221 Q.M. Avenue
Madrid, Iowa 50156
(515)-795-3479
Size@iowatelecom.net

Kato
05-06-2002, 11:12 AM
Kelley, first nice to see you here. Second, quit getting grounded, just be good and stop getting into trouble. Third, I don't think you can play in leagues until you're 18 unless it's an in-house league at your local room. If you're playing for $$$$$ then league's aren't the way to go. Match-up and play in local tourny's, that's my advice.

Kato

Rich R.
05-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Kelly, you are going to have to look for one of those kids and/or youth leagues. The APA and most of the other adult pool leagues require you to be age 21 to join, because most of them are in bars or pool rooms with bars.
Don't shy away from the the kids leagues too fast. I'm sure there are a number of 12 year olds out there, who will kick your butt. Rich R.

Rich R.
05-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Kelly, I just checked the APA website. It appears that the APA does offer some junior leagues in Iowa, but the APA is only in certain counties. Go to http://www.poolplayers.com/locator/view_lo.asp?id=90
for contact information. Hope this helps.
Rich R.