PDA

View Full Version : BCA Woman's Races Extended!

Bob
06-24-2004, 01:40 PM
BCA POOL LEAGUE ANNOUNCES MORE IMPROVEMENTS
For Immediate Release:

WOMEN’S RACES EXTENDED!!

BCA Pool League is very happy to make the following announcement. Our stated goal
is to improve the opportunities for all pool players through fair governance and equitable policies. For years the women have been “shorted” in the BCA National 8-Ball Tournament held each May in Las Vegas.

In both the open team event and the trophy event, the women historically have only played to 8 games, whereas the men have played to 13 games. Both men and women have the same number of players (5) and pay the same entry fee. In following our sense of fair play, the BCA Pool League is proudly announcing that effective in May 2005, the women matches will now be a race to 10. After analyzing the 2005 event, we hope to extend the races even longer. Time, number of entrants, and number of tables available will be the controlling factors.

Starting in 2006, the National 8-Ball event will be played on Diamond Smart Tables. Past events have shown that matches can go 15% faster when played on Diamond tables. If this holds true in the women’s events, we are hopeful that the races can be extended to 11 games in these matches starting around 2007.

We hope this will encourage more women to experience the greatest pool tournament in the world. And we feel it is the right thing to do. In time, we would love to see the gender barrier gently fade away. Although that is not likely to happen in the near future, we hope this is recognized as a step in the right direction.

Go to www.playbca.com (http://www.playbca.com) for the most up-to-date info on the BCA Pool League. If we can help you in any way (or if you need to know the facts about BCA Pool League), please contact us at (866) USA-POOL, 719-264-8300 or leagues@bcapoolleague.com. It is always our pleasure to serve you.

Rod
06-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I get a laugh out of their sense of fair play. When I was 49, the next year I wanted to play seniors. Well they raised the age to 55 that year for men. The Women remained at 50. What does that tell you? What about the amount of games betwen both?

Women are they saying to you here?

Men what are they saying to you?

You can slice this or dice it anyway you choose but it's all a FORM of discrimination!

What do you say?

~~rod, stirring up the pot

RedHell
06-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Rod, I agree with you...

From 8 to 10 is an improvement but for sure entry fees equal aren't making it fair.

I can understand that if the caliber displayed by each gender would bring them to have different lenght of race, but for different lenght should come different fees. I think that would be fair.

As for you situation about the senior age, that a tough one, think about all the 51,52,53 and 54 year old that had to stop playing after playing it for a couple of years. Or did they have an exemption ?

Rod
06-24-2004, 03:35 PM
That's a good question, I don't know, I didn't get there. lol It would make me mad if I had to go back to the open singles. Obviously if they didn't get an exemption, they either played the open or didn't play.

Rod

cuechick
06-24-2004, 05:07 PM
What about in the singles, women pay the same entry as the men but play a race to 4, where the men play a race to 5. where is the justice in that? I won't play in the BCA again, till that is changed, or the make play as a master.

Rod
06-24-2004, 05:49 PM
They're telling you, you don't play as well as men. You take to long! Your not equal! I'm not telling you, they are.

~~rod, stirring a little more /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ain't it fun? BCA comments???

Troy
06-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Maybe those 51, 52, 53, & 54 were
GRANDFATHERED !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> That's a good question, I don't know, I didn't get there. lol It would make me mad if I had to go back to the open singles. Obviously if they didn't get an exemption, they either played the open or didn't play.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Rod
06-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Troy, that's what we're or I am talking about. I don't know what happened but it would be interesting if someone on this board was granfathered in. Or if someone knows what happened. At any rate it wasn't a swift move. In one way the're saying, men live longer(and look better, lol) than women so were upping the age bracket. To level the field? Or men play much better at an older age than women 5 years younger. Or women are just old broads at 50. OR............

Barbara
06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Okay, here's my opinion from being a TD's assistant in the Super Billiards Expo Amateur events for the past 4 years.

The fastest players are the Open Men and Juniors. The slowest and most argumetative players are the Senior Men and the Women's division.

And I have to add, the Senior Men are the most polite, but the most forgetive. They keep coming back to ask and ask and ask, like it's not on the boards and they can look for themselves. The women just take to long to play. It's like they're completing a wardrobe. It's painfull. I know one female who's now blacklisted for next year's Expo because she was too rude and ignorant to other players during the tournament. I actually know who she is and used to play on a team with her, but we dropped her becauase she's too "im-po-tant" anymore.

Barbara

Troy
06-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Actually Rod, I was trying to be funny about the age bracket (51-54) being Grandfathers. I was there at about age 45.

Rod
06-24-2004, 09:43 PM
ha ha ha ha ha, I didn't get it. lol another zinged by

Rod
06-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Well there you go Barbara, were polite thats worth putting up with a little extra. lol I might be old but I ain't slow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jeez I mean were seniors, crutches, wheelchairs. I feared going to Vegas, Spidey would of stolen one of my crutch bumpers. ha ha ha

What you say sounds exactly right. What was the senior age there for men and women? I didn't know if it was BCA sanctioned or not. I think as I said earlier there needs to be some changes. All it takes is enough people. The women, senior's or not should protest. Either lower the cost or raise the race. It's not like they're playing on time, they pay by the game just like everyone else.

Like I said the women and men should have the same senior age. When you retire the feds don't say, women retire first or vise virsa. Why is that do you suppose? There is a real big reason! Out here, many Golf courses offer an over 50 senior discount. Men don't have to be 55, women and men at 50 get the discount. BCA has a new owner that visits at times, wonder if he would like to comment.