PDA

View Full Version : music suggestion in Billiards Digest

landshark77
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
I caught a glimpse of the current issue of Billiards Digest last night. A few pages in, there was a suggestion of some music to listen to. The name of the band/group escapes me and I was wondering if someone with the current issue could check and tell me the name. It was a very small paragraph on the left hand side near the editorials (I believe). The cover art was pretty awesome. I think it said the music had a jazzy feel. I really want to sample what they sound like.
Thanx for any help anyone can provide.

ras314
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
"Ricochet" by Richard Elliot

cover by Frank Elliot

pooltchr
06-25-2004, 05:39 AM
I picked up the Ricochet CD last year when it came out. If you like smooth jazz, you should enjoy it. Richard Elliot is a sax player who has been around for several years. It is not the first CD of his I purchased, but I do have to admit the pool theme got my attention. Highly recommend this to all jazz fans.
Steve

landshark77
06-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Thank you both for your help. Steve, does this CD have any vocal tracks?

Thanx,
Michelle

pooltchr
06-25-2004, 07:10 AM
I don't actually remember any, but there may be one or two...my wife has had it in her car since the second day I got it...I only got to listen to it once!
(Guess we all know who the boss is at my house!!!!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

landshark77
06-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Well, thanx for the info. Hopefully I will be able to check it out this weekend.

PS- smart man letting the wife "borrow" your CD.