Brady_Behrman
06-25-2004, 08:18 PM
This may put a damper on the CCB dinner

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/images/theMIZ.jpg

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/steve_mizerak.php

Brady_Behrman
06-25-2004, 08:45 PM
On second thought,

Maybe do the Miz Dinner Friday Night and Yukon on thurs or Sat. Wow, two CCB Dinners

Chris Cass
06-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Brady,

Don't get me wrong, I like the Miz but I'm going for the food and more for the CCB company. I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they change the date though.

Regards,

C.C.

Popcorn
06-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Miz I am sure will be staying around for a few days and you will all get to meet him if you haven't before. He is a nice guy and very approachable. Just as an objective observer, you guys should stick with the original plan with the CCB dinner it will be more fun and it's what you all have been looking forward to.

Voodoo Daddy
06-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Tell your dad that is the classiest move I have seen in pool in a long time. Miz deserves all that and more...two thumbs up for Barry!!

Voodoo~~~seeing that flyer made my day at 0640

Rich R.
06-26-2004, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr> On second thought,

Maybe do the Miz Dinner Friday Night and Yukon on thurs or Sat. Wow, two CCB Dinners <hr /></blockquote>
Brady, I can appreciate you trying to build a nice crowd for this dinner and the Miz is certainly deserving. However, this really creates a dilemma for those involved with the CCB dinner.
Many do not come into town, until the weekend, so they will not be available on Thursday evening.
On Saturday, the Open is getting down to the very important, and good, match-ups. As pool fans, we don't want to miss any of that action.
Unfortunately, this makes Friday the best evening for the CCB dinner, and I am sure your Dad picked Friday for similar reasons. We ran into the same dilemma in 2002, when he had the player roast.
It looks like these two events are destined to be in conflict, with each other.

On another note, I would like to suggest that we move the start time, for the CCB dinner, up to 4:30 and coordinate it with the other dinner. This will ensure that we miss a minimum of play, at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2004, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
...I would like to suggest that we move the start time, for the CCB dinner, up to 4:30....<hr /></blockquote>

Hey! Who the hell eats dinner at 4:30?

I know you guys are old but geez.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~skipping lunch

Tom_In_Cincy
06-26-2004, 10:04 AM
430 on Friday is more like LUNCH than Dinner.

Tom &lt;-- remembers some very long nites at QMasters and then the room parties afterwards. Noon-thirty start times..

Tom_In_Cincy
06-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Barry has, indeed, shown tremendous respect for one of the games greatest players.

CCB or Miz? tough choice.
CCB will also be having the tournament Sat morning.
Miz might not be with us much longer and I sure would love to see him and the 30 minute movie.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Brady_Behrman
06-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Popcorrn, This is a once in a lifetime type of dinner with the MIZ. Think about it..

Rich R.
06-26-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Hey! Who the hell eats dinner at 4:30?

I know you guys are old but geez.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Wally, I only suggested 4:30, to coordinate our dinner, with the other dinner. I am assuming there will not be too many matches, if any, being played at that time, so we will not miss much of the action.

Popcorn
06-26-2004, 11:42 AM
I have had dinner with Miz. I once saw him eat a whole meat loaf, (enough for four), and a two liter bottle of diet soda. Seriously though, they have been planning this dinner for a while. I think they look forward to it as much as the tournament and I don't think they should be making changes in their plans. That is my objective opinion. You already got them to change restaurants to your wife's restaurant, (I hope they are getting a pretty good discount from the check), you told them about it, now let them do what they want. You know, it is not like this thing is free, you are charging $30.00 and $40.00. It is a nice sentiment, but it is also a bit of a business venture.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2004, 11:56 AM
...and besides that some of us (including me) are not arriving until Friday and I don't want to miss any Saturday action when things are getting hot and heavy.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2004, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Wally, I only suggested 4:30, to coordinate our dinner, with the other dinner. I am assuming there will not be too many matches, if any, being played at that time, so we will not miss much of the action. <hr /></blockquote>

I know, I just had to get a jab in /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
06-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi Wally,

Democrats eat at 5:00pm, Republicans at 7:00pm and anyone else? When I get hungry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't eat enough to hold in a thimble. gonna miss Voodoo.

Barbara
06-26-2004, 03:31 PM
...make the Miz banquet the CCB dinner?!

How's the layout at this banquet? We may not get to sit all together, but maybe we can get a couple tables together.

And Voodoo won't have to worry about me showing up with a calculator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara

PQQLK9
06-26-2004, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ...make the Miz banquet the CCB dinner?!

How's the layout at this banquet? We may not get to sit all together, but maybe we can get a couple tables together.

And Voodoo won't have to worry about me showing up with a calculator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
I second that emotion /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
06-26-2004, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ...make the Miz banquet the CCB dinner?!

<hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, a few of us discussed a similar strategy in 2002, when Barry B. scheduled a "Players Roast" on Friday evening, at the same time as the CCB dinner.
We came to the conclusion that it would be very difficult to talk and get to know people, without disturbing the official roast. After all, the purpose of the CCB dinner is for everyone to put faces with names and get to know people a little bit.
Also, as history has proven, the CCB dinner does get a little loud, at times. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This is just a point to be considered.
We will go with the flow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
06-26-2004, 06:52 PM
They should have planned a nice thing at the opening ceremonies of the tournament for Miz if that is what they wanted to do, something all inclusive everybody could enjoy. This thing sounds like a little bit of a money making scheme to be honest, which is fine by the way. But if you, your wife and maybe a kid want to go, it's like $120.00, (unless you pay in advance then it is $90.00), for a hotel provided meal, a cash bar and the bums rush after two hours. I am sorry, that is a lot of money. Thats just my opinion.

Brady_Behrman
06-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Popcorn, maybe next year you can help organize things for us.

Popcorn
06-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Well a least you don't deny it. If it were a charity event, that would be a little different.

Brady_Behrman
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
30.00 Covers the cost of Food, Non Alcoholic Beverages, Gratuity, Video, etc

This is not a money maker and i question your judgement for thinking it is.

Popcorn
06-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Why would you question my judgment, there "is" money to be made. Lets say $1500. for Miz's and his wife's expenses, $500. for Pat to edit some stuff together for the movie. Max $10.00 a head for the dinners, drinks and gratuity. maybe $1000. for the room for two hours. total cost with 300 people $6000. tops. Take is say $9000.+ and maybe a cut of the cash bar and I have no idea what it will be for the online, (I am sure it is not free) broadcast. You are telling me you haven't done some numbers? And who said there was anything wrong with making money, make as much as you can. That tournament is a big undertaking and has proven in the past to be very risky. You should be trying to make money with everything you do. I just would have done the Mizerak tribute much differently.

cueball1950
06-26-2004, 11:04 PM
My only fear on the tribute is simple.. Please, and i repeat, Please do not let Grady get up there and tell stories. Please, at the roast a couple of years ago that barry put on. he was simply terrible. I know barry gave him carte blanche to say whatever he wanted. But some road stories should be left in the bathroon not at the roast. Especially when the players he was talking about had there wife's there also. And there was no need for the vulgarity either. I am not a prude, but i would not and won't swear in front of other mens wive's or girlfriend.. brady know what i am talking about.......................mike

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2004, 07:48 AM
What to do what to do. In 2002, during the roast, it was totally up to the individual as to whether they wanted to go to the roast or the CCB dinner. Some did roast, some did CCB dinner--with no hard feelings of course.

The dilemma, if you want to call it that, is that the majority of CCBers come in on Friday. Moving the dinner up to 4:30, for me at least, might be a tad on the early side. But it coincides with the Miz' dinner so that way both dinners finish at about the same time and we can all head back to the Open at about the same time. Moving it down an hour say at 6:30, might be better but then I don't know if the Yukon will accept a reservation for 20 something folks on a Friday night. Saturday is no good because, like someone else mentioned, things start getting down to the nitty gritty at the Open and we don't want to miss that.

I think that we should just leave things as they are and leave the choice up to the individual. Just let me know the week before so that I can give a "near exact" count at the Yukon.

I'm sure the Miz will be around at the Open for any other autographs and as for the video, being the New Yorker that I am, we'll just have someone secretly video tape it and make a bootleg. LOL Just kidding Brady. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2004, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>...Just let me know the week before so that I can give a "near exact" count at the Yukon....<hr /></blockquote>

I assume this means you are opting for the CCB dinner at the Yukon.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
We came to the conclusion that it would be very difficult to talk and get to know people, without disturbing the official roast. After all, the purpose of the CCB dinner is for everyone to put faces with names and get to know people a little bit....<hr /></blockquote>

Agree. I will be at the Yukon and if nobody shows up you can find me at the bar /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
06-28-2004, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Agree. I will be at the Yukon and if nobody shows up you can find me at the bar /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
My wife and I will be looking for you, at the table or at the bar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Just don't knock the skinny half dead looking guy at the end of the bar down. That'll be me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll be drinking water.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2004, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I assume this means you are opting for the CCB dinner at the Yukon.<hr /></blockquote>
Yes sir! I'm not one for breaking tradition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
06-28-2004, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Agree. I will be at the Yukon and if nobody shows up you can find me at the bar /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAA Hey Wally,

I just reread your post and if nobody shows up then how will you be found. HAHAHAHAHA Does a tree make a sound when it falls in the woods when noones there or something like that. HAHAHAHAHA

Your the best man,

C.C.~~LOL am I dumb or what? LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2004, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

HAHAHAHAA Hey Wally,

I just reread your post and if nobody shows up then how will you be found. HAHAHAHAHA Does a tree make a sound when it falls in the woods when noones there or something like that. HAHAHAHAHA

Your the best man,

C.C.~~LOL am I dumb or what? LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Cass,

That was a bit of a Yogi Bear-ism wasn't it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris, if my wife hollers at me but I'm in the garage and can't hear her, am I still an idiot? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
06-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Well everybody can look for me at the YUKON also. Just look for the big ugly fat guy with a beard. Drinking coffee by the way.......................................mike

Chris Cass
06-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Lol If my wife hollers I'll hear it no matter where I'm at. The other answer, Well, not to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.