PDA

View Full Version : Question For Comedy Club Goers

Sid_Vicious
06-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Can anyone please tell me if there's more than likely going to be a content difference in a comedian's act on Friday show with 18 & up on the ticket, compared to a Saturday show which is 21 and up? I presumed that there was, but the dingy lady on the phone at the club didn't have a clue as to any difference in the actual show.

Btw, this is in DFW Texas, Rodney Carrington. He's hilarious on on tape and other recordings I've heard, shame if I've selected a PG13 night.

Anyone gone to any comedy shows with this differentiation of ages, and if so, why the different labels???sid

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I doubt there would be any difference. These guys pretty much have a standard act they do every night.

You're lucky. Rodney Carrington is hilarious. I've not seen him live. I've seen Heywood Banks and Sean Morey and some others. I always wake up the next day with sore stomach muscles /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We went to a comedy club one night and after the show we went next door to a bar called Sneaky Pete's. They had 3 pool tables. Me and Kathy started playing 8-ball. A young guy put his quarters up. I broke and ran 6 balls then missed. Kathy ran the rack out. The dude walked up and removed his quarters /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~needs to see Rodney and Tim Wilson

DeannaMichelle
06-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Rodney?? Not fair, haha.

The only difference that I've known of when it says that--is that when it said 18 and up, someone was there to armband them so they couldn't get drinks, and then other nights 21 and up, they did it so they wouldn't have to armband anyone. But in the case you are talking about, it could be different.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Dea