PDA

View Full Version : Cutec Kicked me hard

trailboss
06-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I just played my buddy today that had recently bought a Cutec cue. I joked about the are you going fishing or are you going to play pool? We were playing 9 ball so the play was pretty even with Cutec vs. my custom cue... Well he beat me but not by much... so I now have a new respect for this cue!

DialUp
06-26-2004, 05:20 PM
I recently purchased 3 cuetecs, a break/jump, and two playing cues. I liked them for the smooth shaft and the *theory* of their warp resistance. I have several two piece cues and all of them have warped over the years. The latest was a $400 Viking that the shaft warped after two years or so. maybe thats normal, as far as I know, but I am getting tired of it so I thought I would try out the Cuetecs for a change.

So far, so good /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
06-26-2004, 05:41 PM
I think your respect is misplaced if you think it was the cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Troy
06-26-2004, 06:25 PM
BINGO !!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I think your respect is misplaced if you think it was the cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

highsea
06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
My first cue was a Cuetec. I picked it because I live on a boat, and I was worried about warping. It was a fiberglass clad one, and shortly after I bought one of the graphite ones.

I ended up giving both of them away to girlfriends, and bought an all wood cue. Actually, I wish I would have kept the graphite one for a break stick, but oh well, the girls were happy for one night.

I did notice that mine were a little sensitive to humidity, as far as the shaft getting sticky. It is important to have clean dry hands, and I did use a lot of Q-silk. Also, the tips are junk. Waaay too soft. But I can still play pretty good with them, I know what to expect.

But anyway, it is the shooter, not the cue. I have played some pretty good players with their cuetecs. I think I have more respect for them than the guy who comes to the Tuesday nite bar tourney with $1000.00 worth of predator sticks and a fancy case. Usually he is 2 and out, but the guy with the basic cue always seems to be there till the end. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-CM~~~match me up with the predator guy....please!

Chris Cass
06-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Trailboss,

I have a novel idea. Maybe one could say, "The player makes the cue, not the cue makes the player." I've said that for years and even though now I'm forced to use those rules I'll add "Makes the cue in time."

Regards,

C.C.

Kato
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I've had my Cuetec jump/break for over 10 years. It warped the first year I had it. Every other cue I own is dead straight.

Earl plays with a Cuetec. If he beats me I doubt I'm going to trash my custom cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

woody_968
06-26-2004, 08:02 PM
If someone beating you with a cue makes you respect the cue, I know someone that may be able to get you to respect a broomstick /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All joking aside, while I dont choose to play with a cuetec I know a few who enjoy playing with them. And I guess Allison doesnt do to bad with hers. (or did she change?)

Scott Lee
06-26-2004, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> And I guess Allison doesnt do to bad with hers. (or did she change?) <hr /></blockquote>

Woody...Ummmmm, let's see; give up the #2 endorsement deal in pool (Earl has the #1 deal, also with Cuetec)? Don't see it happening! LOL

Scott

woody_968
06-26-2004, 08:19 PM
HEH, I didnt think she had but wasnt sure. Guess I been spending a lil too much time on the practice table instead of paying attention to the real world LOL.

Pelican
06-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey woody, when I saw her cue up close at the BCA Expo in New Orleans it didn't look like an off the rack cuetec and it had a wood shaft /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

woody_968
06-26-2004, 09:25 PM
I think I had heard that she uses a wooden shaft on her cue, but again I dont know this for fact.

BeanDiesel
06-27-2004, 02:11 AM
I have a thunderbolt, and it warped. i always keep it in my hard case. the shaft is really sticky, the only solution is to sand it, as suggested by Fisher herself. i dont use that cue much anymore. it's now my break cue.

DialUp
06-27-2004, 02:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I think I had heard that she uses a wooden shaft on her cue, but again I dont know this for fact. <hr /></blockquote>

Cuetec also makes the Vortex shaft which is a maple shaft with a graphite cross beam in the middle. Maybe she uses that instead of the true-glide...

BeanDiesel
06-27-2004, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I think I had heard that she uses a wooden shaft on her cue, but again I dont know this for fact. <hr /></blockquote>

of course her shaft is wooden. i think all cuetec shafts are wooden. the fiberglass/graphite is only the core or coating. take a look at this picture.

http://store6.yimg.com/I/poolcuesplus_1778_16345132

it looks wooden enough right?

woody_968
06-27-2004, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BeanDiesel:</font><hr> [
of course her shaft is wooden. i think all cuetec shafts are wooden. the fiberglass/graphite is only the core or coating. take a look at this picture.

http://store6.yimg.com/I/poolcuesplus_1778_16345132

it looks wooden enough right? <hr /></blockquote>

Well I really havent checked the Cuetecs that much, maybe they are all wood shafts. Yes it looks wooden, but I sell alot of floors that look like hardwood, and they dont have anything close to a piece of wood in them.

Pelican
06-27-2004, 09:28 AM
2 shay, of course the inter is wooden, I mean her shaft does not have the glass wrap or coating. I am familiar with them because I sell them.

pooltchr
06-28-2004, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> And I guess Allison doesnt do to bad with hers. (or did she change?) <hr /></blockquote>

Woody...Ummmmm, let's see; give up the #2 endorsement deal in pool (Earl has the #1 deal, also with Cuetec)? Don't see it happening! LOL

Scott <hr /></blockquote>
Scott...have you talked with Vivian lately? From what I understand, her deal with the Seminol's probably tops Earl's and Allison's combined!

Scott Lee
06-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Steve...No, I haven't talked to Vivian in a long time. However, she'd have to be getting close to $200K to beat both Earl and Alison! If that's true, more power to her! LOL

Scott