PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Vacation

stick8
06-27-2004, 01:08 PM
The wife and I are planning vacation {first in two yrs| we plan on riding down to the Fla Keys, on the 4th july. any rooms a old man can stop in and shoot a few $5 nine ball?? I will b mostly on hwy-95. " MR&MS STICK"

Popcorn
06-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Key West was a great spot in the 70's. For some strange reason there was a lot of pool action there. It has been a few years but I used to go there a lot. The Boat Bar, Raceway bar and the Cow Key Marina bar were all good spots. I played pool with Peter Fonda and Warren Oats at the Cow Key Marina bar when they were making a movie down there. I think it was called "92 in the Shade" I have seen it on cable. I also went out on a date with a pretty young Margo Kidder who had a small part in the movie. There was a pool room there called the Stick & Stein, may still be there. As you go across Stock Island there was a bar on the left hand side I can't think of the name right now it had a coral front on it. The owner also owned a marina and trailer park and loved to gamble. I beat him for around $20,000 over a few month period of time. As far as visiting there, be sure to rent a bike it is the best way to see the island. I just happen to think, you will be passing close to Mizeraks new room. Stop in and see him, he is a great guy. You will have to look up the city but it is near Palm Beach.

pooltchr
06-28-2004, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I just happen to think, you will be passing close to Mizeraks new room. Stop in and see him, he is a great guy. You will have to look up the city but it is near Palm Beach. <hr /></blockquote>
It's either North Palm Beach, or Palm Beach Gardens if my menory hasn't failed me.

Popcorn
06-28-2004, 09:14 AM
I just looked up that Miz information and the address is:
Mizeraks Billiards
914 park ave.
Lake Park Fla.
561--840-8836
You can call for directions it's right off of 95.