PDA

View Full Version : Home Pool Rooms

littleCajun
06-28-2004, 08:07 AM
I know when BilliardTown was up people posted pics of there home pool rooms. I am putting together my pool room and would like to see pics of other peoples rooms for ideas.

Thomas
07-17-2004, 07:10 PM
I also would like to see such pics, so bttt.

Thomas

bill190
07-18-2004, 12:21 AM
My pool room is decorated in "early garage/shop" with unfinished walls, tires, tools, and junk. Of course all of this stuff has been moved "shooting distance" away from my new (used) pool table.

I installed an air conditioner today and installed a HEPA air cleaner last week to remove the smoke from the air.

Some day maybe I'll finish the walls, hang pictures, etc. But for now, I kinda like it as it is...

Chris Cass
07-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi Bill,

You know I think that room sounds real comfortable. I think I'd like it too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

DialUp
07-18-2004, 02:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bill190:</font><hr> My pool room is decorated in "early garage/shop" with unfinished walls, tires, tools, and junk.
<hr /></blockquote>

We must have used the same designer /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just finished installing my new (used) Gold Crown in the garage today... I just informed the old lady that the freezer is headed to Goodwill tomorrow lol The freezer is the only thing left in the way. Needless to say but she is not happy /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SnakebyteXX
07-18-2004, 07:23 AM
My home pool room is a work in progress. The room is decorated in what I would call the "21st Century Bus Station Motif". It's still kind of stark because I began 'decorating' by removing every stick of furniture in the room to make way for the installation of a 4 1/2 X 9 thirty-five year old Gold Crown table.

However, with the help of my wife's persistent bitching and moaning I've come to understand that someone might want to sit down occasionally (even pool players) and maybe even use the room for other things besides shooting pool once in a while (duh!). Hence I've reluctantly added chairs - TV - stereo - etc.

Aside from the massive room eating tournament sized pool table centerpiece, the space now holds a couple of leather chairs - a futon couch - a wood stove for heat in the winter, a nearly full length mirror opposite the ball return end of the table - an entertainment center with componnent stereo and TV and a six cue wall rack that holds a Meucci, a Prather, a Joss (family sticks) and three 'take a licking and keep on ticking' Cuetecs (house cues for non-regular pool playing guests with higher than normal cue stick abuse potential).

The table is lit by an overhead ceiling fan light converted for maximum pool table illumination by four 75 watt directional screw in flourescents. The light fixture was chosen on the basis of the 'when it came time to set up the pool table it was there already' selection process and may eventually be replaced with lighting that was actually designed to be used for a pool table. Meanwhile - it works well enough to help me see the balls and the pockets after the sun goes down.

I think the biggest problem with decorating home pool rooms is the limitation of the size of the room itself. Most homes don't come equipped with gymnasium sized rooms and mine is no exception (25' X 18 1/2'). In most cases if you put a tournament sized table in the center of the biggest room in the house you can pretty well rest assured that there won't be enough room left over to swing a cat. Mainly because the number one thing you want to avoid is having to trip over or bump into anything on your way to the next shot. Any 'cat swinging' stuff that gets added is going to have to go up against the walls or stuffed into the unused corners - even then it may be a tight fit - hence the bus station look that I mentioned.

Here she is -
http://paintedover.com/uploads/4/gc_ii_ball_return_end.jpg

Oops! looks like the image I chose may be too big to upload. Sorry...

bill190
07-18-2004, 10:48 AM
For things to add to my pool room (wish list)...

A spot light which can be aimed anywhere on table. A friend told me how he once practiced for leave by placing a 10" round piece of cloth on the table where each shooter intended to leave the cue ball after their shot. If the cue ball did not wind up resting within the 10" circle, then the player lost his turn. I was thinking an adjustable light would be better for this. Then just point it at the spot on the table where you think the cue ball will stop. Don't have any idea where I could find such a light. I suppose it would be best if I could adjust the circle size to be a bigger or smaller circle as well as pointing it at different locations on the table. Anyway he says this type of practice makes players really good at leaving the cue ball exactly where they want it, because you lose your turn if you don't.

Also I was thinking about multiple cameras from different directions each with its own VCR. Those survellance cameras are inexpensive and Walmart has VCR's for around $40. With this setup, I could record my playing then play back shots in slow motion to see what I did wrong/right. (Stroke, breaking, etc.)

Beyond that, pro cloth, pro balls, etc. (winning the lottery might help to pay for some of this stuff...)

Paul_Mon
07-19-2004, 06:46 AM
I can send you jpg's of my home set up. Give me your address if interested.

Paul Mon