PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for cues.

05-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, as you know I'm 15, so my budget isn't high.. I'm thinking of a cue between $50-125, I just need one to take places, you know? I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks.
-Kelly.

Doctor_D
05-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Good afternoon:

Check out eBay for Sneaky Petes.

Dr. D.

05-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Well I'm seeing them from $15-200... which should I get? I don't need something BEAUTIFUL, I just need something decent, that people aren't going to say "haha.. look at that kid's cue", even though I'll prove my skills in my game, not in my cue, you guys know how it is.

Kelly.

Doctor_D
05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Good afternoon:

First determine how much you are able to spend and then, once that has been determined, find the nicest available cue for the money you have to spend.

Dr. D.

Eric.
05-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Hi Kelly,

Personally, I would recommend spending/saving $150-$250 and buying either a Joss, Viking, or a good used cue from a reliable source. Joss and Viking make respectable cues that play pretty good. Try going to trade shows, or your local pool hall and try a few shots with the cue you want(if possible). You can get a feel for the cue rather than buy it "sight unseen". I don't trust buying a cue I can't see/feel/try out. If the money is a problem, wait til you've saved a little more. You will use this cue for a long time and it'll be worth the effort.

Hope this helps.

Eric >still looking for the Magic Cue

BLACKHEART
05-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Try pawn shops. Players are always showing me Qs that they have bought at pawn shops for a song...JER

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2002, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kelly (male):</font><hr> Hey guys, as you know I'm 15, so my budget isn't high.. I'm thinking of a cue between $50-125, I just need one to take places, you know? I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks.
-Kelly. <hr></blockquote>

You can get a new Viking sneaky pete for less than $125 and they are quite attractive and play well. I have one. If you're really on a budget Mali makes a decent sneaky pete for about $70.

05-07-2002, 02:25 PM
I sell cues as a sideline. In my area we have many mixed leagues and also ladies only. Most newbies and the ladies want a nice looking cue at a reasonable price. Since Christmas I have sold approx 30 Action cues and have not had anyone complain. I was supprised at how well these cues played and looked. For a better cue i would recommend going with any of the sneeky pete's mentioned in the other post.
At your age your money would be better spent taking lessons &amp; developing proper fundimentals such as stroke, stance, speed and spin. You are the future of this game DO IT RIGHT