PDA

View Full Version : Lessons

Fasteddy7
06-28-2004, 03:13 PM
I have three hours scheduled with Grady and am very excited. I would like to strengthen my 1 hole game....lol..like I have one. I guess he was at the midwest open last year but apparently i missed him. Any suggestions of what I should ask about in addition to 1hole. Thanks......Fast

Pelican
06-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Hello Fasteddy,

I took 18 hours from Grady last Feburary. Be sure he shows you some kicks and banks. Very useful in one pocket. He and Ms Randi are really fine folks. When we arrived he came out to greet us. I told him that at that moment I felt like Moses must have felt when he went up the mountain /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a great time. Be sure and take a camcorder and set it up where you won't be blocking it a lot. Some of the stuff he was showing me is blocked because I'M in front of the recorder DUH!

Tell them howdy for me, later, Pel

Chopstick
06-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Get an extra tall camera stand and it will come out better. One Pocket and Banks are definately a blast with Grady. I'll let you guys in on a little secret. Grady has a cat named Beauregard that loves to hang out in the pool room. If you can rub Beauregard on the belly without getting tagged, you are cool with pool gods. You'll win all your matches for at least a month. No kidding it really works.

PQQLK9
06-29-2004, 02:40 PM
FWIW when I took my lesson from Scott Lee he set up his own camera and tripod and filmed everything .He then transferred it from 8MM to VHS and mailed it to me.
Of course Scott does that for all his students.
We covered a lot of stuff and even got in a few games of One-Pocket.
Having said all that I will probably take a lesson from Grady one of these days.

Pelican
06-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Yep, Beau is a trip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maine Coon - one more BIG kitty. I get a kick when Grady puts him a treat on a table and Beau will stand up on his hind legs and snatch it. He got to where he would let me hold him a bit. Think he can just sense when someone is a cat lover.