PDA

View Full Version : Best Ferrule

trailboss
06-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone! I need to find a new ferrule for my old cue as it was damaged after I sent it to a boob for retiping. I am now using a backup Action cue that plays very well for the money I paid for it. The Action has a snow white ferrule, anyone know what it is made of... seems ok. My broken ferrule is darker white in color but still white or slightly off-white. The broken cue ferrule is a custom or at least handmade by someone with no name on it I got it for 75.00 at a pawn shop. Thanks!

crawdaddio
06-28-2004, 08:17 PM
You seem to be full of questions, aren't you? Been there.
I like ivor-x or melamine.

dr_billiards
06-28-2004, 08:43 PM
I like the old yellow micarta. I think some may call it G.E. micarta.Hard to find but gives a really nice hit.

Chris Cass
06-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Hi Doc,

I think S.W. still has some. It's baked or something? Anyway, good stuff. I do like the newer stuff too as the yellow wasn't one of my favorite things to look at. I think it's Malomine (sp) also like the Ageis ferrule. He could get that from Muellers Billiards supply.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Ivor-X!

crawdaddio
06-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah stick, I love that stuff. My ferrule is as shiny as the day it was made /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Hits pretty damn sweet too /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
DC

Tommy_Davidson
06-29-2004, 12:43 AM
> I prefer the real deal ivory,haven't tried the Ivor-X but if you find someone with the patience to do it,a Red Circle cue ball is a great material. The old yellow or "GE" Micarta is no longer made,though a similar product is made in it's place. The old stuff,which is about impossible to find,is ASBESTOS based phenolic resin,the newer stuff is paper based. A rep from GE once said there isn't enough money in New York State for us to make even one more stick of it,with the EPA coming down on them,plus all the class-action lawsuits related to asbestos-related illnesses such as mesothelioma. My suggestion is Aegis,Melamine or Ivor-X,if you can't feel the difference betwen those materials and real ivory,there is no point in paying the price difference for it. Tommy D.

CarterCues
06-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Ivory and Ivor-x are both great. I just recieved Ivor-x ferrules and put them on a couple of cues and am seriously thinking of going to that as my standard ferrule. Get hit on these ferrules.

MosconiJr
06-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey Chad,

I have been wanting to try the Ivor-X. Did you put Ivor-X on the cues you just delivered to Greg Matthews (cuecollector) in SC. If so, I will hit a ball with one of those and see how they hit.

Thanks

CarterCues
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
No, I just recieved the Ivor-x last Thursday. Luckily I was finishing up a few cues when they arrived. Greg's order has LBM ferrules.

Big_Jon
06-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Ivor-x.

Thanks,

Jon <-- the only thing i'll use /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And it's all Joey's Fault...