PDA

View Full Version : Woman Marks 90th Birthday With Plane Jump

PQQLK9
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Woman Marks 90th Birthday With Plane Jump

BALDWIN, Wis. (AP) - A Minnesota woman who wanted to match former President George H.W. Bush's birthday skydive marked her 90th birthday Sunday with an airplane jump of her own.

Aileen Fritsch jumped out of the plane attached to a skydiving instructor.

She said she decided to make the jump after seeing the 41st President skydive on his 80th birthday earlier this month. Fritsch said she's a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and didn't want to let the Republican get ahead of her.

The jump and landing went just fine.

Fritsch said there wasn't anything to it - she just stepped out of the plane. ``I haven't been afraid of anything so far in this world,'' she said.

Rod
06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Pretty gutsy. I'd rather not jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Heights is one area I'd rather not venture.

catscradle
06-29-2004, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> ... she's a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat and didn't want to let the Republican get ahead of her.
<hr /></blockquote>

Now some 95 year old republican will be taking the next dive. Eventually organizers for the presidential campaigns will be pushing senile, 100 year olds out planes in their wheelchairs.

dg-in-centralpa
06-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Good for her that she still has her health to do this. I couldn't do it. I'm not good with heights.

DG