PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best player on this board?

1a2b3c
06-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Not trying to stir anything up but i am sure you guys have gotten together and played. Just kind of wondering if there is a person here who stands out from the crowd. Are there any pros that post here?

Any of you guys/girls ranked?

Whats your league average? I dont yet have one but ill tell you what i shot come wednesday.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
There's a guy on this board who beat Jamie Baraks and Jessie Bowman in a tourney a couple weeks ago. I hear he plays pretty sporty.

Sorry for the tease /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Wally <~~ crappy league player from Ohio

1a2b3c
06-29-2004, 10:48 AM
yep that was a tease. Ive been reading here today and ive noticed the poster named Popcorn seems to have beaten some players whos names ive heard.

dr_billiards
06-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Who the hell is Bucky Bell ..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dmgwalsh
06-29-2004, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> There's a guy on this board who beat Jamie Baraks and Jessie Bowman in a tourney a couple weeks ago. I hear he plays pretty sporty.

Sorry for the tease /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

One of the Iowa fellas? Dennis

Wally &lt;~~ crappy league player from Ohio <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
06-29-2004, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> One of the Iowa fellas? Dennis <hr /></blockquote>

Real close. Somewhere out there in corn country. About 7 blocks from the Mississsippi /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Speaking of Iowa, rumor has it that feller from Iowa is pretty strong too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cueball1950
06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Me....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Don't believe anything you read here.
Ask around. No one here can make "three freakin' balls." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank_Glenn
06-29-2004, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Who the hell is Bucky Bell ..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ask your world champions that like to bet it up who he is. They'll know.

Chopstick
06-29-2004, 11:51 AM
I don't know who the best player is, but I know who's the best looking player.

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you looked while you were doin' it.

1a2b3c
06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
popcorns real name isnt John Miller is it?

Popcorn
06-29-2004, 12:14 PM
I am not John Miller, I knew him a little and played him a couple of times. I wonder if he is still around, anyone know?

JohnBarton
06-29-2004, 12:18 PM
This reminds me of the story about Don Willis. Once at a tournament someone was asking all the players to fill out sheets with their accomplishments. Don turned in a sheet with something like Canton Boys Club Champ or maybe even blank. Anyway the promoter asked for "something" so Don reached over to the stack of resumes and picked one with a long list of titles and wrote on it "I beat him".

John

1a2b3c
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
I have no idea. These guys are all much older than me. (im 25) But ive read about a 'popcorn' John Miller. I just had to do a little searching to find out who i was looking for. I knew i had heard the name popcorn before but just couldnt place it till now.

I havent seen or played any of the big names from back in the day. Hell i get nervous playing $20 a rack and they played for alot more than that. But ive read about most of them. You got any good stories to tell from playing the big name players? Id like to spend a day or 2 playing with Mizerak. Most people frown on trick shots pool but i think its fun to watch and shoot.

DeannaMichelle
06-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I know it is *definately* not me.
But I am the funniest-- taa-ha-haaaaa.
lol

Dea

Chris Cass
06-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Do you mean Real Player? HAHAHA J/K

Depending on the game or depending on all around? Is that with liquor involved? Is that Big ball or Red circle? Is that one handed? Is that HAHAHAHA J/K again.

I think that's not a good question to ask of the board. It may be construde as being rude. However, in my heart and mind, without trying to disrespect anyone nor to belittle their game. I truely believe the name you seek is #### Leonard. Richard Richard Leonard, is my mentor so, you might think I have an interest in this reply and you'd be right but whether or not he's my mentor I can say without any doubt I concider him to be the best.

Many can talk about the current players and some with outstanding records, like Keith and many female shooters here. But I'd bet my bankroll on #### Leonard anyday, anytime and any place. That's my humble opinion.

All do respect,

C.C.~~just a bar box player but working my way back to the 9fter to join the ranks of the real player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dg-in-centralpa
06-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry all. I'm the best. I've never lost a game sitting at the bar yet. In fact I ran every rack. I came close to losing once.

DG- lol

Cueless Joey
06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
I dunno. Spiderman and Scott, maybe.
Barbara for the ladies.
I have hunch who the worst are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
06-29-2004, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I dunno. Spiderman and Scott, maybe.
Barbara for the ladies.
I have hunch who the worst are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

CJ,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I seriously doubt I'm the best female player on this board. My game has dropped into the toilet since I rarely practice anymore.

But tonight I'm meeting up with my bar team to shoot a few.

Barbara~~~has got to start practicing again... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato
06-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Absolutely Wally in Hamiltucky.

He's the best /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~not the best

Rod
06-29-2004, 06:26 PM
You got my vote! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I did miss from there once so I bow to your superior talents. I think I got to buzzed and missed a ball at the bar. lol

Rod

Vagabond
06-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Bucky is a well known Roadie.He lived in Alabama,Michigan,Ohio)One time when I was on the road I stopped at playing Field in,Richmond,VA.There was a big game going on.Bucky was in action with the owner of the room.I said hello to Bucky and also the owner( Bill Stevens a pro 9 ball player and I know Bill also very well).All the sweaters quickly rushed towards me and started asking me who this guy was.I did not give much information and I said that is Bucky Bell ,a very nice guy. Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

datplayer
06-29-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't know if C. Williams would be considered a poster, maybe more of a self promoter, but I hear he's pretty dang good.

Also some guy named McCrady, McCruddy..., hm, Mc something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, my high run is 3 racks of 9-ball and 35 in Straight. Does that put me in contention? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
06-29-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, my high run is 3 racks of 9-ball and 35 in Straight. Does that put me in contention? <hr /></blockquote>
Not really. Fast Larry ran 17 racks and 400 balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
06-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Em, not bad but your ................................

-
-
-

-

-
-
-
-
-

-

-
-
-
-

-
--
-
-
-
--

-

-
--

-

-
-
-
--
-

--
-
--
-
-
-

--

--

--
-

-
-

-
-

-
-

-

-

-
-

--

-
-
---

------

-
--

--

----

-
-

-

-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Here! lol

stickman
06-29-2004, 08:51 PM
They're all good compared to me. My game has been poor lately. I haven't been practicing, and have played little pool recently. I have other irons in the fire. I hope that soon I'll be working on my game again. I played in a house league tonight, and confirmed that it was indeed Jeremy Vulcamore that I watched spank everyone in the tournament here at the poolhall that I play at most. He out classed everyone in this area. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
06-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm probably the worst, and even I can make three balls sometimes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
06-30-2004, 05:40 AM
Lipsky for talent
#### Leonard and Grady for knowledge
Cass for heart...in no particular order. I read maybe C.W. but he only posts for advertising/monitary purposes so he dont count. I know it aint me...never was nor will be!!

Voodoo~~~shows flash's of sheer genius backed by moments of ignorance, lunacy and desperation!!

Wally_in_Cincy
06-30-2004, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Lipsky for talent
<hr /></blockquote>

I forgot about Mr. Lipsky. IIRC he ran 142 in his last big straight pool tournament. That ain't too shabby.

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Lipsky for talent
#### Leonard and Grady for knowledge
Cass for heart...in no particular order. I read maybe C.W. but he only posts for advertising/monitary purposes so he dont count. I know it aint me...never was nor will be!!

Voodoo~~~shows flash's of sheer genius backed by moments of ignorance, lunacy and desperation!! <hr /></blockquote>

Steve is definitely extremely talented, and I wouldn't want to put him down but #### and Grady? These guys were stone cold world beaters. Steve will get there in time no doubt. Me? Heart or sucker? I just love to play. I'm just a bar box player with 70 something days to work with a Tiawon table to go two and out. However, I'll look good doing it. hahahaha

Voodoo, you have knowledge beyond many. Your skill could be there too. imho You just don't have the time it takes to put into the game. I really believe you could be a champion. Either way, you'll always be a champion in my eyes.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks for the comp. I wouldn't expect anything else from you. I'll be missing you at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

rah
06-30-2004, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1a2b3c:</font><hr> Not trying to stir anything up but i am sure you guys have gotten together and played. Just kind of wondering if there is a person here who stands out from the crowd. Are there any pros that post here?

Any of you guys/girls ranked?

Whats your league average? I dont yet have one but ill tell you what i shot come wednesday. <hr /></blockquote>

It's PATRICK....without a doubt!

SpiderMan
06-30-2004, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote datplayer:</font><hr> BTW, my high run is 3 racks of 9-ball and 35 in Straight. Does that put me in contention? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHaHa ... That puts you in more or less a dead heat with me, which means you need the seven out from Rod, who claims he's going blind and can't play at all anymore /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Rod
06-30-2004, 11:37 AM
When I play a line starts forming behind the table. Reminds me of the Vegas Airport. The line goes all the way out the door. Or the movie Airport where they all line up to slap the girl. lol That movie is a crack up!

Ralph S.
06-30-2004, 08:51 PM
This could be an interesting thread. I know of several players that post here that are serious talents. To say who is the best could just be a matter of opinion. As for the worst, I will lay claim to that title. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jungledude51
06-30-2004, 10:23 PM
I certainly think Keith McCready is the best player who ever posts on this board. By the way, he was nice enough to plug my book, unsolicited, after he read "The Green Felt Jungle". I have gambled both with and against Keith and I can tell you no one in America puts more fear in an opponents heart than Keith because he is truly fearless and could care less if he wins or loses a high stakes gambling match, his years of experience have made him FEARLESS...
Gerald Huber /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 10:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>As for the worst, I will lay claim to that title. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ahhhh %@&amp; bull$hit... Excuse me I had to sneeze. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your right Ralph and not to mention the ones who lurk. I've meet three personally at tourneys. One at IA. State, one at Whiteys and one in Peoria.

I think there's quite a few if you ask me. Not to mention the different games too. JAT

Regards,

C.C.

bluewolf
07-01-2004, 06:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>

I think that's not a good question to ask of the board. It may be construde as being rude. However, in my heart and mind, without trying to disrespect anyone nor to belittle their game. I truely believe the name you seek is #### Leonard. Richard Richard Leonard, is my mentor so, you might think I have an interest in this reply and you'd be right but whether or not he's my mentor I can say without any doubt I concider him to be the best. <hr /></blockquote>

I would not even want to name names. There are a few that seem to be the cream but there are others on ccb who are tops but rarely post. When they do post, they are generally humble so you kind of have to be around awhile to see who is good. I think that in naming names, it would be leaving out some who are world class but do not talk about it.

There is also the aspect that many who were A+ in their younger days may not be playing quite that speed but still possess the knowlege which we ordinary pool enthusiasts can benefit from here.

Patrick is the best at virtual pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Qtec
07-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Chris.! You obviously hav'nt seen me hitting a ball yet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am sure there are other silent sleepers on the board who are capable of shooting the lights out[ sporadically /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, next time you are in Rotterdam........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Chris Cass
07-01-2004, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Chris.! You obviously hav'nt seen me hitting a ball yet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am sure there are other silent sleepers on the board who are capable of shooting the lights out[ sporadically /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, next time you are in Rotterdam........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

I can see it now. All the glass all over the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You spot me two canidates and a couple of U.N. people and will race to 10 for presidents. LOL&lt;&gt;LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
07-01-2004, 10:31 AM
There are several pros who post here, myself included. However, I am a professional teacher/trick shot artist, rather than a pro tournament player (although I did play on the 'pro tour' 30 yrs ago, and gambled to live for 12 yrs). There are also a host of superb amateur players who post here, that, on a given day, can play with the best of them!

It is difficult to structure a hiearchy (sp.?) or ladder, here on the CCB, because the majority of the regular posters do NOT know each other personally, outside of the Board. I have had the good fortune to have traveled the country, and met with (and made friends with) many of the fine people here. A select few have had the opportunity to compete against each other at last years CCB Open, during the U.S. Open 9-Ball tournament. More will be there this year. Even so, that is one singular competition, and cannot establish superiority of one player over another.
The other inimitable truth, is that really good players rarely need to boast about their skill...they let their cue do the talking! Efren is probably the best example of this, and even he doesn't win all the time (just MUCH of the time! LOL).

The truth is that it's difficult to single out one person, because of the random nature of pool. We all have moments of "lights out" play, and experience other times when we can't make "three friggen' balls"! LOL Consistency is the name of the game, and improving the QUALITY of your stroke is the first key to that. It's the same thing that all good instructors teach. Read Mark Wilson's column in the June issue of BD...it underscores exactly what I'm talking about.

Scott Lee ~ feels lucky to be named, but doubts he's really in the running!

pooltchr
07-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Scott,
The other thing is that it changes so often. Let's see, Archer is hot this year, last year it was someone else. Who is best? Earl one month, Efrin the next, Earl the next, Tony at the BCA this year. I wouldn't bet against Keith in any money game. Last year Karen was number 1 on the WPBA, Allison is back this year.

The point is that at any given level, any of several could be considered the "best" at any given time. It's hard enough to try to rank players according to skill level, much less on an individual basis. I figure there are a lot of players on the board who would be "better than me", but under the right circumstances, I might get lucky and pick off a match. IIRC, I think you and I spent a few hours at the table once and I even got a game or two from you then. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif It certainly doesn't make me a better player, maybe just luckier at the time.

wolfdancer
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Patrick, is a virtual genious, and a virtual virtuoso,with a pool cue. I'm sure it's only his modesty, or his humbleness, that keeps him from a declarative reply to this inquiry.

nAz
07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Can not believe noone mentioned ME!!!
Naz~~ can beat anyone here!...

Just give me the 6 and out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1a2b3c
07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> They're all good compared to me. My game has been poor lately. I haven't been practicing, and have played little pool recently. I have other irons in the fire. I hope that soon I'll be working on my game again. I played in a house league tonight, and confirmed that it was indeed Jeremy Vulcamore that I watched spank everyone in the tournament here at the poolhall that I play at most. He out classed everyone in this area. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

He is damn good. Watch the postings on the internet about the tourneyments around here and OKC, his name is always in the top of the charts. I live here so i getta watch him play when i catch him in town. Its always good to watch a player who doesnt seem to ever get off on his leave by even a fraction of an inch.

1a2b3c
07-01-2004, 05:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> This could be an interesting thread. I know of several players that post here that are serious talents. To say who is the best could just be a matter of opinion. As for the worst, I will lay claim to that title. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

until you get shitty drunk and shoot a 35 in 6 games, that right, six games, then i lay claim to worst player here. Dont try and take that from me. Ive never been number 1 at anything.

1a2b3c
07-01-2004, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jungledude51:</font><hr> I certainly think Keith McCready is the best player who ever posts on this board. By the way, he was nice enough to plug my book, unsolicited, after he read "The Green Felt Jungle". I have gambled both with and against Keith and I can tell you no one in America puts more fear in an opponents heart than Keith because he is truly fearless and could care less if he wins or loses a high stakes gambling match, his years of experience have made him FEARLESS...
Gerald Huber /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey i havent bought your book but i heard Junior Brown was mentioned in it. I get to watch him play around here. I want a signed copy, how do i get one?

Chris Cass
07-01-2004, 10:45 PM
HAHAHAHA You'll fit in just fine here. I won't take anything away from you. Do you know where I can buy a shevol? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~123? pick a name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
07-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Is there such a thing as a number one worst player? Some how those two just don't go together. Hey not to worry, we all have bad days. If you got drunk it hurt twice as bad. lol

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2004, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1a2b3c:</font><hr> Hey i havent bought your book but i heard Junior Brown was mentioned in it. I get to watch him play around here. I want a signed copy, how do i get one? <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.thegreenfeltjungle.com/