PDA

View Full Version : Gambling action?

Singlemalt
06-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Does this go on anymore like it used to? You used to see stories all the time about Watson, Durbin and the likes. Has action dried up or has everyone just stopped reporting on what goes on? I always enjoyed reading the stories.

TIA.....

Predator314
06-29-2004, 12:13 PM
It still goes on. You just got to look for action these days. It doesn't find you.

Pool has tried to clean up its image to a more family oriented atmosphere. At least in these parts.

1a2b3c
06-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Its easy to find action if youre only wanting to play for something small. On a friday night i drink and play pool for free (until i start getting wasted). That could be considered action i guess.

If you want action go somewhere you never play, play by yourself, and play about half or a quarter as good as you usually do and action will find you. Might get your ass kicked if they know theyve been hustled, but hell i like fighting as much as i like pool.

I quit hustling in high school. Now i just find players who are better than me and play them. If they want to bet i bet if they just want a free game that costs me alot less cash. I play to win and i dont hide how good, or bad here lately, that i play.(atleast not on purpose)

For the original poster, there is always action at high class bars or country clubs. Some of them rich guys in the fancy bars can shoot but most are just there to throw their money around.

dr_billiards
06-29-2004, 04:29 PM
We'll play 9-ball and for my spot ... I'll take the break, with ball in hand after the break, and the wild one ball! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any takers on this spot?

dg-in-centralpa
06-29-2004, 04:34 PM
If you want action, check out tournaments. A lot of people are looking for action there. Check out Valley Forge next year. Lots of action and the skies the limit.

DG

Vagabond
06-29-2004, 06:55 PM
May be u can please ,tell us what is going on in Brass tap & Billiards or at Babineus in your town
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pelican
06-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Try the Derby City Classic in January. You can win or lose all you want. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JohnBarton
06-29-2004, 10:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> We'll play 9-ball and for my spot ... I'll take the break, with ball in hand after the break, and the wild one ball! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any takers on this spot? <hr /></blockquote>

Sure. My criteria - at least five balls must go to a rail on the break and at least four balls must go above the middle pockets. The one does not count on the break, it spots. Cueball foul on the break is a loss of game. And 100 to one on the money. I will bet $10 per game and freeze up 100 games worth. You must do the same and all 100 games must be played out.

:-)) Like my odds.

John

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 08:13 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

John, are you a bit of a grinder? LOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.

HairyNick
06-30-2004, 11:24 AM
there's some decent action here in miami... not that i would know... hehehe.

Eric.
06-30-2004, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> John, are you a bit of a grinder? LOLLOL

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Some might consider him a Hero or Hoagie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt;king of corny

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi ya Nicky,

I like living at this point in my life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I go to Miami I'll have to bring my buddy Slip. Of course Frenchy and Mel, 3 handgranades, couple of 60 cals and a box of Cubans and then, with a cashiers check I'll feel somewhat safe. I just don't know how I'd get my cue down there carrying all that stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

HairyNick
06-30-2004, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi ya Nicky,

I like living at this point in my life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I go to Miami I'll have to bring my buddy Slip. Of course Frenchy and Mel, 3 handgranades, couple of 60 cals and a box of Cubans and then, with a cashiers check I'll feel somewhat safe. I just don't know how I'd get my cue down there carrying all that stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Its not THAT bad down here.

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey Nicky,

You have to realize, I only get Miami vice out here in corn country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~glad to hear it. Where do you play down there if one was to fly down and not want to leave without my cue?

Ralph S.
06-30-2004, 08:19 PM
You got that right. When I was there, there was any form of gambling you could imagine. I actually played in a pot-limit poker game in Shannon Daulton's room with a few of his relatives and some other players. Downstairs in the main hall way, I seen guys pitching pennies for twenty bucks a toss. So, you can just imigaine what kind of action you can get on the pool tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Come on Cass, you know the answer already. You call Big Poppa Voodoo Daddy. He's the King of Miami.

Kato~~~doesn't speak the language. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif