PDA

View Full Version : Cue Extender Or Justa-Bridge Buy?

Sid_Vicious
06-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok I have the bug to buy one of these, and I want opinions as to which y'all feel will be more impacting to my game. I have of course used the commercial bridge heads but not a Justa-Bridge, and I've never used an extender at all but can foresee that there very well could be many shots I'll be glad if I had one. The fancy bridge head will give me two things I like, extra height for bridge-jump-shots and those nifty pads for shaft protection.

Do you feel that the usefulness of either outweighs the other???sid~~~always wanting to buy sumpthin'

SpiderMan
06-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Talk to Chopstick. He bought one of each in 'Vegas a few weeks ago. Maybe he's decided which is more useful.

SpiderMan

daviddjmp
06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Sid-

The owner of the pool hall next to my work bought a number of the Keller bridges at the Expo and let me try it out. The felts need some time to actually fit around the cue, and I think quite a bit of practice would be necessary to master the thing. What I want is the Longoni cue extender, but I cannot find it online anywhere. It is made in Italy, and is kind to your cue. I saw Archer use one or something similar in the DCC ring game DVD. I think I want to try an extender because I hate bridges so much, as you have to hold the cue completely different.

GeorgeV
06-30-2004, 10:14 AM
I bought a Longoni cue extender when I was in Vegas during the BCA tournaments last month. I love it. I think I paid $40 for it (vs $15 for the plastic-sleeve type that slides down your stick from the tip end). It extends your reach by about 13", with a very solid feel. I'm on the short side (5'8"), and it helps me get to a lot of shots for which I would otherwise need a bridge. I didn't have my stick (a Viking) with me when I bought it, so I couldn't check the fit, and the guy told me that it would fit just about any stick. It just barely allows the butt of my Viking to fit in it. It doesn't appear to be scratching the finish yet, but I gotta believe that over time it will. Ideally, it would be large enough for the butt to slide in easily, then tighten it with one quick twist. Mine's tight enough that I don't need to (can't) twist it. I'm very happy with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know where you can buy one, tho. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ralph S.
06-30-2004, 09:05 PM
I prefer using a bridge over a cue extender. Encountering a shot where the extender is no help is actually quite possible. I will stay with the bridge.

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Sid,

At my place my boss has just got in these Cuetech extenders. Like $25. each but they screw in the butt end after you pull off the plug. That that was neat. Jacoby cues makes one too that unscrews and you extend it then tighten it up. Cool stuff for those long shots. Really solid.

Regards,

C.C.~~Sid knows something, I can tell. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bluewolf
07-01-2004, 05:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Sid,

At my place my boss has just got in these Cuetech extenders. Like $25. each but they screw in the butt end after you pull off the plug. That that was neat. Jacoby cues makes one too that unscrews and you extend it then tighten it up. Cool stuff for those long shots. Really solid.

Regards,

C.C.~~Sid knows something, I can tell. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Glad you like it Chris. I have been thinking of getting one. Do not like a bridge either. Sometimes I can switch hands but if it is too long, usually put my stroke hand at the butt and poke the ball using a long bridge, no preshot. Obviously this would not work if I needed to get a shape requiring some skill. haha

Laura

GeorgeV
07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
I get the most use of my cue extender not so much as an alternative to using a bridge but for those shots that are just a hair too long for the stick by itself. You know...those shots that you really stretch for because you don't want to use the bridge, but end up not getting a good stroke on it. They're a piece of cake with a cue extender.

Scott Lee
07-01-2004, 10:37 AM
I agree with Ralph here. The cue extender is a nice addition, but there are many shot situations (out in the middle of the table, shooting over a ball, for example) where a good bridge (Keller is the best so far, imo) will contribute to your best stroke on the shot. JMO

Scott Lee

Frank_Glenn
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I agree with Ralph here. The cue extender is a nice addition, but there are many shot situations (out in the middle of the table, shooting over a ball, for example) where a good bridge (Keller is the best so far, imo) will contribute to your best stroke on the shot. JMO

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, if you use both together, you can use your normal stroke and not be shooting out of your chin or have that dreadful 28" bridge that amplifies all your stroke mistakes/flaws. Try it, you'll like it.

Scott Lee
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Frank...That's an excellent suggestion!

Scott