PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a table

HairyNick
06-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so bear with me if you will.

I'm looking to buy a table, standard size.
I'd like it to be a reliable good quality table, from a company with good customer service and maybe a garuntee of some kind... something nice, you know?

Any suggestions... I've been looking at Brunswick, and i really like what they have.. but i don't wanna commit myself.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Thank you!

shoutout33
06-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, I'm not the foremost authority on tables or anything, but I have played on a few here and there. To be truthfully honest with you, I really, really, like the Diamond pool tables (http://www.diamondbilliard.com/). I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are the one's who started the "flat" pocket technology or whatever it's called. Makes it way easier to hit when you hand is postioned on or near a pocket. Also, to me, hitting a ball off the rail is a bit easier too. Could be psychological though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They make all sizes too...I think they even make a 10 footer, but I'm not sure. Hope this helps. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DialUp
06-30-2004, 11:28 AM
I recommend finding a used Gold Crown. I just picked one up for $700. After buying new cushions, pockets, and Simonis, My total cost is just over $1000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The reason I suggest a Gold Crown, besides the playability, is the construction. These things are built very solid. I am a hobbiest wood worker and can imagine how to build a strong table... When I pulled apart this Brunswick, I was amazed at the lengths they went to manufacturing all the parts for it.

They don't look very pretty to the non pool player though. Everybody who has seen my new table thinks it is a pile of crap /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol If only they knew what they were looking at...

Wally_in_Cincy
06-30-2004, 11:53 AM
I know Miami is not close to Tampa but there is a company called Robertsons in Tampa that makes excellent reasonably priced tables.

If budget is not an issue go with a Brunswick or a Diamond.