PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis CD Improve Your Pool Game. WTF?

nAz
06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
came across this on Ebay was just wondering if anyone has used this or something similkar to improve their game.

"This Hypnosis CDs take you through three steps:

Induction
The first part of the CD takes you through a relaxation process, which feels wonderful and allows your mind to be responsive to suggestions.

Suggestions
Once in the hypnotic state the next part of the CD contains suggestions designed to help you make changes in your life and reach your goals.

Taking Hold
The last part of this hypnosis CD allows you to relax and lets the suggestions further sink into your mind and take hold.

Hypnosis is a simple, safe and effective process geared to allow you to make changes to your life with ease and effectiveness."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29792&item=6907989 893&rd=1

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Yep nAz,

They work. The whole secret to them is the person doing the hypnotizing and the person getting it. I do and have had great results. I have a tape and he does sell cd' too. I was very no, extremely a non believer. I was put under in person but I felt like I was just a little high sort of. Like very relaxed. He had all these people on stage including myself. They were all acting stupid but not me. I thought I was just tierd and relaxed and couldn't comply with the chicken thing or the stripping but when it was nearly over he told me my feet weighed like they were in cement blocks and I'll be dammed. I couldn't move them sucka's anyway, I bought his pool tape and when it arrived it worked for me. It motivated me to hit balls. So much I wanted to shoot as soon as possible.

Now, when it was sent to me there was a coupon for one free with another $15.00 tape. I'm going to order one more for pool and one for focus and concentration. He has a list for all kinds. I don't feel that I'll waist my money because I know he worked for me. That's the total key. They have to work for you. You have to find the hypnotist that can do it for you first. imho

Regards,

C.C.~~also made me relaxed while in the box. moreso than without it. I just play it when I go to sleep. It's 21 days straight but recommends 30.

shooter72283
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
So Chris,
I have been wanting to try something like this for a long time but have never been able to find something that seems as specific as what this guy offers. That said, which would you think would work the best, the subliminal "Rule the Table" CD that contains no audible words, or the hypnosis one?

stickman
06-30-2004, 06:20 PM
I have a friend that uses some tapes. He wins lots of tournaments. He believes in them. He must not have been listening to his tapes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I beat him the last time I played him. More likely, he hadn't been playing regularly. In fact, he told me he hadn't been practicing lately. Of course, it could have just been an off day. Anyway, come pay day I'm looking for something to help my confidence and positive attitude. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mike_in_iowa
06-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Over the years I have used both of Ryan Elliots tape series. Overcoming Contenderosis and the Dead Stroke tapes. I really thought OC(not the TV show) was the better of the two. I used to use it pretty regular when training for a big tourney. Not that it helped all that much as I almost always lose to the big names.
I am one of those guys who will try anything to improve my game. I like to wager now and then and any little edge adds up.
That being said have any of you seen the BreakRak is now $125 retail? What a deal. I think this tool could make 9-ball obsolete.

Mike

shooter72283
06-30-2004, 07:43 PM
I just ordered some of the CDs listed on E-Bay. He's got a buy two get one free deal and the shipping on the second and third CD was only $1 apiece. I ordered "Improve your pool game", "rule the table", and "releasing harmful and negative emotions" (it can't all be a about pool... right?). I figure the worst that could happen is I just wasted $17, no big deal. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out once I try them.

BTW~~ mike_in_iowa, how would you say the tapes have helped when you're not faced with a big name contender, and where could I find some info on Ryan Elliot's tapes?

SPetty
06-30-2004, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> They work. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

So when are you gonna tell us who this guy is and how to acquire his tapes? Inquiring minds and all that...

wolfdancer
06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Naz, some years ago, I had 6 sessions with a hypnotherapist, to improve my golf game.He also made a tape for me to use. In just a few months, i went from trying to break 100, to the low 80's, with an occasional hi 70's round...
Ryan Elliott had a tape series designed for pool. It never worked for me, and I gave the tapes away.
I think the difference was...I knew how to play golf, just couldn't execute....I didn't know much about pool (still don't).
I think hypnosis relaxes you, gets rid of some self-doubt, and allows you to play to your ability...it won't make you another Efran...unless you have that inate talent within.
and it doesn't work for everybody

mike_in_iowa
06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
hypnosis tapes (http://bebobpublishing.com/mainindex.htm)
These are the tapes I have had for a number of years. My record is pretty good in the state. It seems when I go out of state and play somebody that I should not beat, my game suffers. Does this mean that the tapes do not work? No, I think the reason my game suffers is that I do not face top players often enough. I believe that the tapes work and that is good enough for me.
I think these tapes have helped me. But then again at one time I was putting alot of time in the mental game. Lots of books, visualizing, meditating, hypnosis and goal setting. Come to think of it, it's kind of depressing. I should be better. (Don't tell Scott I said that)

Chris Cass
06-30-2004, 10:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shooter72283:</font><hr> So Chris,
I have been wanting to try something like this for a long time but have never been able to find something that seems as specific as what this guy offers. That said, which would you think would work the best, the subliminal "Rule the Table" CD that contains no audible words, or the hypnosis one? <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Shooter,

For me I'd like the Hypnosis ones. I want to hear something beside the music. The ones I have are both. Double sided and I run it alnight long.

I do want people thinking about investing in one or more to know something that's very important. It'll only work for those who lend themselves to work with it. You can be as scheptical as I was but you really have to want to be hypnotized. Then, you have to find that hypnotist that works on you personally. I would like to see you go to a hypnotist in person and test them out. There's seminars and many for smokers and if the guy can work with you there then, you can invest the $15. to pool ones. Many do more than just pool.

My guy has put me under and I believe in him so, that's why it works for me. He might not with another?

Regards,

C.C.~~in the phone book they'd charge like $150. for 2 sessions.

nAz
07-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow after reading these responses i think i may try it out, hmm i could use help with my Fencing as well. has any other pros used this too?

Scott Lee
07-01-2004, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mike_in_iowa:</font><hr> But then again at one time I was putting alot of time in the mental game. Lots of books, visualizing, meditating, hypnosis and goal setting. Come to think of it, it's kind of depressing. I should be better. (Don't tell Scott I said that) <hr /></blockquote>

Mike...Now wait just a minute! Just 3 days ago, we talked about this exact thing! As I recommended to you months ago, you have relaxed a ton, and quit "trying so hard"! You've also quit practicing as much. As a result, you have experienced a jump in your overall game, and consistency...and are winning more often! It IS all about believing in yourself, and your own ability! Keep up the good work...and give Jen a hug for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

bluewolf
07-01-2004, 12:34 PM
I saw that Sarah Rousey went to a hypnotist at one time when she was stuck in her game and said it really got her over that hump. (para phrase)

Personally, I really believe in this and in self-hypnosis too, which is pretty much what I do. It does not make me a great player, but it sure makes the game a lot more fun when I can walk into a match relaxed instead of all tied up in knots.

Laura

Chris Cass
07-01-2004, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Wow after reading these responses i think i may try it out, hmm i could use help with my Fencing as well. has any other pros used this too? <hr /></blockquote>

Other pros? I never said pros but I think it's worked for the woman that sponsored by the frog jump cue. As far as fencing goes, just grab a book at Lowes. They have premade fences too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
07-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi SPetty,

It's all about who can work for you. That's why I suggested checking it out on your own. I could give you the name but he may not work for you. I don't know. I pm'd Barbara with the one I got.

These hypnotists in the entertainment field I feel are the best at what they do. That doesn't mean they're right for you but they do have track records with groups of people. You should go to the news papers and look up in the entertainment section and see when ones giving a show. Then, grab a bunch of friends and headout. You'll have a blast and beg to be one on stage. Then, try not to comply and see if it works. If it doesn't help and you start struting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your not a real chicken and then ask if he sells tapes on sports. Particularly pool.

Take Marty and Sid with to be in charge of the Teq and don't run over any when driving through the yards on the way home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif hahahha

Seriously, check out the paper. If your hell bent on knowing I'll give you his name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
07-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I ordered the Hypnosis CD "Improve your pool game". I hope it helps. I don't expect to find a magic pill that will make me a great poolplayer, but if you continue to add enough little things that improve, you may eventually get there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cane
07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
I ordered one of the pool hypnosis CD's, I won't say which, as it may have just been me and not the quality of the CD.

Had a tournament a couple of weeks ago. The morning of the Tourney I was shooting lights out. I think to myself "Now, Bob... You're shooting good, so lets put that positive pool image in on top of your physical game... time to put that CD to use!!!" I relaxed in my recliner, eyes closed, listening to it for about two hours. On the ride to the tournament, I listened to it for another 45 minutes.

I got to the tournament, and from the first break, I couldn't hit a bull in the a$$ with a barn door if you tied him up in the opening. My conclusion, it either just didn't work for me or the guy mislabled and sent me a tape on how to relax too much, cause I not only played badly, I didn't CARE if I played badly!!! Good news is that by the next day, I was back to normal (many would call it abnormal, but it's normal for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

In any case, I'm finished with Hypnosis CDs. I used to just sit and tell myself "If you relax, you can focus well on EVERY shot... if you focus well, you'll play up to your level... If you play up to your level, you can win..." That worked and the Hypnosis CD did not, but like I said... that's ME and that same CD may work very well for someone else.

Later,
Bob

Chris Cass
07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Bob,

The one I have I listen to at night and it puts me to sleep. I'll play it alnight and have one of those play both side tape machines/little boom box without the boom part. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I listen to it for 21 days straight at night. No need for the last minute thing. Then, the night before a tourney I'll listen to my sons tape given to him by JimS one yrr for xmas. It's the Monks 4 pack set but I only listen to the "I am a Winner" tape. That's the night before a tourney only.

I think if you listen to it and want just to give it a chance it would have to be like the method I used. If it doesn't work? Than, give it the heave ho. It's only a tool for a short time. Mine last for about 3 mths or so. Mine motivates me to play only. The Monk tape gives me an attitude like I'm ready for anyone. The one that motivates me is the one that works really well. It seems I just focus easier because it makes me feel like I haven't hit a ball in weeks.

You know? You don't really need these tapes but for me it was just something I had to try. Now, that I know they work for me. When I don't feel I'm quite up to par and don't feel any real reason to go hit some balls I'll get them out. No sence having a cue if I don't care to use the thing.

Regards,

C.C.

Leviathan
07-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Million dollar idea for ya, Naz: produce a tape that teaches players how to hypnotize their opponents. The player who has studied your tape approaches the table, shakes hands with Efren slowly, rhythmically, slowly, rhythmically, and speaks calmly, rhythmically, calmly, rhythmically--and Efren starts quackin' like a duck, playin' like a dog. Get Ralf to endorse the tape and sell 'em at the Expo, $49.95 a pop!

AS

BeanDiesel
07-03-2004, 01:07 AM
i was a non-believer too. so last night, i downloaded a 1-hour hypnosis mp3 called Accessing Your Power. well, i dont think it's created especially for pool players, and my intention was to find out if hypnosis really works on me.
and so i sit down listening to that mp3 for an hour. i followed every single step. i managed to clear my mind and think of nothing else but pool (except "Relax" hypnosis from the movie zoolander). whenever the hypnotizer asked me to reflect recent mistakes that i made, i recalled the makable shots that i recently missed.
after an hour my head felt light. my mind was clear. when i got up in the morning, i smiled, feeling so confident.
and just now, i played my best games of 9-ball. i managed to be more focused, patient, and thoughtful. i played in front of strangers confidently, like i was playing alone. when i made mistakes, i didn't blame myself like i used to. i became more optimistic.
i'm thinking of getting one of those hypnoses for pool. i think it will work on me.

SPetty
07-05-2004, 04:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> Million dollar idea: produce a tape that teaches players how to hypnotize their opponents. slowly, rhythmically, slowly, rhythmically, calmly, rhythmically, calmly, rhythmically -- starts quackin' like a duck, playin' like a dog. <hr /></blockquote>HAHAHAHA! Laugh out loud funny stuff! Thanks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif