PDA

View Full Version : 3/8 or 5/16 Joint

trailboss
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, Here I go again! Which Joint do you think is better and why? The top cuemakers say that the 3/8 is best, so what dou you guys say...hmmmm.

DialUp
07-01-2004, 02:28 PM
In the world of fasteners, bigger is always stronger/better so I guess 3/8 is better... but I would not even think twice about either one. it's not like you are using it as a pry bar or anything.

If somebody is using that as a selling point then they are trying to find little things to seperate them from the competition. Not a bad thing but it is neglible, nonetheless.

Cueless Joey
07-01-2004, 03:43 PM
The bigger the joint the better.
The paper you roll it with is also very important.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
3/8 radial or ACME threads, I prefer.
But, I'm a googan.

Big_Jon
07-02-2004, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> The bigger the joint the better.
The paper you roll it with is also very important.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
3/8 radial or ACME threads, I prefer.
But, I'm a googan. <hr /></blockquote>

You are right, you are.
Yes, the 3/8 are better, preferably flat bottomed (acme), the radial is nice too... but one of those tap thingies have to be used...

Thanks,

Jon /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cueless Joey
07-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Grind me an ACME thread mill then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My local carbide man is a slacker.
I'm still waiting for that 5-inch thread mill. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I'm a googan but you're chief googan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks.

Big_Jon
07-02-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Grind me an ACME thread mill then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My local carbide man is a slacker.
I'm still waiting for that 5-inch thread mill. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I'm a googan but you're chief googan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

No googan here lol...
If you want an acme threadmill, give me some specs and i'll see what i can come up with, but it wouldn't be carbide, probably either tool steel or some shaft grade alloy, that stuff is HARD. If your carbide guy is a slacker, then get another...

Thanks,

Jon