PDA

View Full Version : US Open

05-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Who do you think will win the 2002 US Open?

Nostroke
05-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Ill take Buddy Hall but the question is who is playing? I heard a rumor that there might be a boycott based on the "payout problems" I sure hope not. i already have tickets and am hoping for the strongest field possible

Does anyone have any info on a possible boycot? Is there one?- Is Charlie Williams organization behind it?

05-06-2002, 09:37 PM
YES
Did not hear this from me,
JR

Cuemage
05-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Corey if they use Sardo, Earl if they don't.

Tha Cuemage

9ballzz
05-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Maybe your Dad. Sell me your Capone.

cueball1950
05-07-2002, 09:27 PM
earl and johnny archer both told me in chelmsford that they were going to play in it. charlie williams told me himself that his organization requires 10% in the bank when announced and the balance 30 days before the tournament starts. otherwise he will "suggest" that his list of players not play in any tournament that does not meet these requirements. i asked if the players would be barred from playing if they were not met. he said no. but he would suggest they not play. so it is any bodies guess if they will play or if Barry will meet his requirements. it would be a shame if they boycotted it. That would be the end of it. and i have another question about charlie williams and his organization. Does his organization get a sanctioning fee. If so. What is the amount and what does he use it for? i believe the old organization got a sanctioning fee from the promoters to guarantee the players signed up to that organization showed up...just some random thoughts....mike

Ken
05-07-2002, 09:55 PM
From a spectator's standpoint Charlie is the worst thing that can happen to a tournament. Let him stay home and the matches won't go an hour longer that they should. It's a win-win situation and I hope Barry realizes it. Charlie should run his own tournaments and not mess with the Open. His job is to promote pool not give other promoters a hard time.
Ken in CT

cueball1950
05-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Ken....my opinion of charlie williams is that HE WANTS TO CONTROL POOL AND BE ITS LORD AND MASTER. And if the players let it happen it will go the way of the MPBA<<PBA<<&PBT. I once asked a VERY WELL KNOWN PLAYER. WORLD CHAMPION AS A MATTER OF FACT, I asked him what happened to the mens tour in this country and i was very surprised with his answer. he told me quite simply that it HAD SELF DESTRUCTED.,,JUST SOME MORE RANDOM THOUGHTS...........MIKE