PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay scam

highsea
07-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Well, here is another seller to beware of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&?ViewItem&item=3686218882

The cue is billed as a Sigel Custom, with a $995 BIN. Only problem is that it is one of the Sigel Unlimited imports, Intimidator, model MS3B. Retail price? $109.95 new.

http://www.cue-tips.com/intimidator.php

Geez, I hate these guys.

-CM

Cueless Joey
07-01-2004, 08:59 PM
You can have it for $42 a month financing.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I wonder if my -100 Ficos or whatever youwannacall it credit rating will get approved.
Somehow I fooled our mortgage bank.
Mayve I can fool them too.
Those are beautiful pink ivory inlays.
Why did Mike sign this cue towards the bottom? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DialUp
07-01-2004, 09:46 PM
BIN is $109.95... Maybe he changed it...

highsea
07-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Sure enough! When I saw the listing I sent a message to the seller explaining that what he had was not a $1000.00 cue. (I also hinted at a possible complaint to ebay, so I guess he saw the light!)

BTW, I went through some of his feedback, and saw where he purchased the cue. There are some pretty significant cracks in the finish around the buttcap cue that he really glossing over.

One of his other auctions was for a Varner cue, (made by the same company that makes the Sigel cues). One of his comments was something like "Nick Varner's craftmanship is well known" or something like that. Basically he claimed that Nick Varner actually made the cue.

That cue went for $233.00, which was probably double what it was worth.

-CM

Cueless Joey
07-02-2004, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That cue went for $233.00, which was probably double what it was worth.
<hr /></blockquote>
That is sad. Somebody was sukkered in.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2004, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...The shaft has been recently reconditioned ... <hr /></blockquote>

wtf? maybe that's why he originally wanted $995 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif