PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 2

nAz
07-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Saw it with my son last night... one if not the BEST superhero movie ever. Nuff said.

Wonder if it can win a best picture or at thevery least be nominated for it.

landshark77
07-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I am anxious to see this movie. I saw the first Spiderman by force, and to my surprise it was VERY good. However, I will probably wait for it to come on pay-per-view. There is actually a lot of new movies I want to see, namely The Stepford Wives and White Chicks.

Cueless Joey
07-02-2004, 11:18 AM
I saw it with my nephews.
It was ok not great for me.
It did drag a little in the beginning.
I don't know if it's the best superhero movie ever.
I thought Superman and Superman II were great at the time I saw them. They mesmerized me.
Maybe, it's nostalgia but I thought Superman was a great movie.

wolfdancer
07-02-2004, 11:20 AM
"Wonder if it can win a best picture ..."
ONLY if the "Academy" allow pre-teens to vote...

Sid_Vicious
07-02-2004, 11:44 AM
TG, I thought you were about to tell me our Spidey had populated himself ;-) sid

nAz
07-02-2004, 11:50 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif in a few year when those old farts who get to vote for the awards start dying off then you will see more movies like SP2 and LOTR get voted in. remember The Empire Strikes Back it did not get nominated and instead they gave the award to what was it ordinary people, Blahh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif those academy guys can be idiots.

BeanDiesel
07-03-2004, 04:08 AM
i dont think it's accurate to call them (the critics/academy people) [film]idiots. it's like a noob calling you a pool idiot.
we like what entertains us, we like cool action and special effects, we like big budget movies, whether they are good or bad. but those critics can see deeper than we can. they are experts in that field. and, it is academy awards, so let the experts decide. if we the people are not happy, we can always turn to mtv movie awards or people's choice awards.

p/s: 1)i wonder how many people think The Punisher is a better movie than The Pianist.

2) to the eyes of noobs, Mosconi's 526 run was boring.

BeanDiesel
07-03-2004, 04:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Maybe, it's nostalgia but I thought Superman was a great movie. <hr /></blockquote>

Superman among the American Film Institute top 50 Heroes.
http://www.afi.com/Docs/tvevents/pdf/handv100.pdf

somehow, spiderman (from spiderman I) didn't make it.