PDA

View Full Version : Balabushka Chalk?

05-06-2002, 07:21 PM
A friend of mine is going ot give me a box of this chalk. Any idea how good it is compare to Masters?

Thanks!

05-09-2002, 04:56 AM
It's not a very high quality chalk. You will have to try it yourself but I never liked it. Too soft and almost gummy. I use Triangle chalk. It is the best for my needs.

rackmup
05-09-2002, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=blue>Chalk Connoisseur Magazine</font color=blue> 2001 Chalk of the Yearhttp://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/18-319.jpg

Masters 2001 Dark Blue (traditional)

written by Jaques LeCue, Senior Editor

January 2, 2001.
While the music played on the jukebox in the background, thumping out tunes from the film, "The Color of Money" he worked on his follow shots. Click. Tap, tap, tap. Click, click. Tap-tap. Click, were the sounds the balls made as they collided, careening effortlessly into the pockets. The half-empty glass of Texas Lone Star beer sat fermenting beside his drills notebook...there was a time when it would have been empty by now but he was focusing on improving his skills and Masters Chalk was his first choice for ensuring solid contact with the cueball.

Brand new and blue as the clear summer sky, the hard and racy texture and it's ability to thoroughly adhere to even the hardest of Talisman tips, Masters Traditional Blue chalk has won the coveted "Chalk of the Year" award.

Manufactured by Tweeten, using a secret family formula, Masters Chalk is aged in old oak barrels, deep in the cellar of a dark warehouse, secreted in a guarded location.

"Masters has been the choice of professionals for years" LeCue stated. "Others have attempted to duplicate the performance of our fine chalk but with little success. There is simply no other chalk that could be deemed appropriate for serving with a quality layered hard tip" LeCue beamed.

Impress your guests by serving Masters Chalk at your next billiards party.

Some things are constant in life and the love for a great cube of Masters Chalk never dies.<hr></blockquote>

(Hey...these guys know their chalk!)

Regards,

Ken (sprinkles finely ground Masters Blue on Ritz crackers with a thinly sliced pimento-filled olive and shredded smoked salmon...mmm, yummy)