PDA

View Full Version : Ankyloo

Zoomer
07-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Anyone have experience with this ebay based pool table. Definitely Asian - but solid wood, decent slate description, not much info on rubber and construction. Can anyone help? My budget is under $1500 delivered and set-up so my choices are limited....What do you think?
Jon

dg-in-centralpa
07-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Before I would buy something like this, I would check with your local vending person. The guy who has the pinball machines etc. in the local bars. They will have used tables for sale at reasonable prices. This way you know what you're getting.

DG

SpiderMan
07-07-2004, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't buy it. It's a cheapo table, and will play like one. For that kind of money, you can get an excellent used table, have it moved and refelted, and be far ahead in terms of quality and value.

Tables don't really "wear out", as all the wear items are replaceable. But if the quality isn't built in, there's nothing you can do but suffer.

Used pool tables seldom bring one-third of their new cost, even if they look brand new.

One of my teammates recently bought a fine Gandy Sportsman for $600, had it moved and recovered for $300, and it looks and plays like new. I believe it listed for over $5000 new. He got an exceptional deal ($1000 would be more typical), but you can also if you're willing to beat the bushes. Check your local newspapers and internet "for sale" groups.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Zoomer:</font><hr> Anyone have experience with this ebay based pool table. Definitely Asian - but solid wood, decent slate description, not much info on rubber and construction. Can anyone help? My budget is under $1500 delivered and set-up so my choices are limited....What do you think?
Jon <hr /></blockquote>