PDA

View Full Version : Jillians coming to Las Vegas

Rip
05-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Jillians has been added to the list of tenants to occupy a piece of Neonopolis which adjoins the Fremont Street Experience downtown Las Vegas. Jillians is scheduled to open Aug/Sept this year and will include their typical formula of food & beverages including a bowling alley and pool tables. For those of you not familiar with this area, you can find it rather easily by following the trail of homeless people dumpster diving and wino's peeing from the balcony of the lovely El Cortez in beautiful downtown LV. lol, Rip

cheesemouse
05-06-2002, 08:41 PM
"In civilty thou seem'st so empty" "Thou craven doghearted malcontent"

rackmup
05-06-2002, 08:48 PM
from the Jillian's Website:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Billiardís play with your friends has never been better! Jillianís 9 Ball Lounge offers tournament quality Brunswick Gold Crown Billiard tables, a classic ambiance and great tableside food and beverage service.<hr></blockquote>

A new place to play in Vegas will be welcomed...the $10 per hour table time will not (that's what they charge in Phoenix) and good luck beating the tourists to the tables!

Regards,

Ken (will stick to the Cue Club when in Vegas)

Rip
05-06-2002, 11:39 PM
I can understand why $10 an hour could be a problem. Rip

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> from the Jillian's Website:

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;Billiardís play with your friends has never been better! Jillianís 9 Ball Lounge offers tournament quality Brunswick Gold Crown Billiard tables, a classic ambiance and great tableside food and beverage service.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

A new place to play in Vegas will be welcomed...the $10 per hour table time will not (that's what they charge in Phoenix) and good luck beating the tourists to the tables!

Regards,

Ken (will stick to the Cue Club when in Vegas) <hr></blockquote>

05-06-2002, 11:45 PM
Rip, I think I know those dumpsters. Two years ago, my brilliant friend Danny Barouty got this idea for the two of us to walk from Caesars to Binions one night. Between the heat and the strange people coming up to us...well I felt like just lying out in the middle of the street, yelling, "Go ahead, run me over. I'm dead anyway." Nice area. LOL

Fran

Rip
05-06-2002, 11:52 PM
Fran, that must've been quite a night and Danny B owes you big time for that one! Many years ago, downtown was nothing but drug dealers, hookers, pick-pockets, murderers and assorted thugs. Now they've ruined it! They put in a Baskin-Robbins! LOL, Rip

Barbara
05-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Fran,

Is Barouty cheap for rides in the city or does he actually like to walk?

BTW, is he going to be in Vegas so we can rematch at the pool? If so, I certainly hope he's been training.

Barbara~~~starting the woofing early... heh heh heh...

05-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Sheesh! First you say Arthur looks like the Riddler then you ask if Danny's cheap. This is the INTERNET, Barbara! LOL!

No, Danny's not cheap. He just miscalculated. He thought Binions was just past the Stratosphere. Who knew it was another 500 miles?

Yep. He'll be in Las Vegas this year. You can do your swim thing with him.

Fran

cueball1950
05-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Jillian"s is nice if you like 8 footers. and loud music and a lot of drunks. We have had 1 here in albany NY for a couple of years and i only played there once on opening day.but i don't like 8ft tables anyway and i am a reformed alky. so why go there. Besides they do nothing to promote pool here. no tournys or anything like that...just some random thoughts...........................mike