PDA

View Full Version : Daughters Opportunity!

Terry
07-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi all,i've been around here for years now, although I don't post much I read the board often. I enjoy a lot of the stories and I think theirs lots of knowledge here. I just wanted to share my excitement with ya. My daughter is 14 and has been asked to represent Canada at the Junior Girls WPC in Sydney, Ausrailia on the 1st to 7th of november. What a great opportunity for her to see the best side of pool and have a great experience at the same time while at such a young age.The only downside is that her expences are not covered so i'll have to get off my butt and make sure she doesn't miss this wonderful opportunity.I'm just so proud of her that I wanted to share it with you because I know how much everyone around here loves the game. Terry

woody_968
07-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Man that is great news! We had a local youngster here a few years ago win the BCA Junior Nationals, a memory Im sure he will never forget. Its great to see young people have the opportunity to compete with each other.

RedHell
07-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Terry,

Congrat to your daughter and to you. I'm sure she will represent us well...

Terry
07-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks Red and Woody, it's an exciting time in our household as well as a busy one at the moment because of the opportunity our daughter has to compete for her country.

Red, I hope you took in some of the Canadians, if so I hope you enjoyed yourself. Terry

RedHell
07-06-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Red, I hope you took in some of the Canadians, if so I hope you enjoyed yourself. Terry
<hr /></blockquote>

I guess this was meant for Woody, if not, I'm not sure what you're talking about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

woody_968
07-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I guess this was meant for Red, if not, I'm not sure what you're talking about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry
07-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Red,

I was thinking you probably attended the 2004 Canadian 9 Ball Championships this year in Quebec. Terry

Terry
07-06-2004, 01:06 PM
LMAO, Terry

SRpool
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Terry, that is an incredible accomplishment. You should be very proud and she should be very excited. You will all have a great time. I played in Quebec City in 2000 in the Juniors division. The only thing she may have to deal with is being one of the only girls in the tournament.

Well, if the tournament is the Women's and Junior's World Championships I hope to make it there as a representative for the U.S.A and get the chance to meet you.

Good Luck,
Sarah

Terry
07-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Hi Sarah, Thanks for the words of support. Yes, i'm very proud of her and share in her excitement. It is in the girls division of the world juniors and the boys will be in their own division, i'm not sure but I think it may be the first time they had separated the boys from the girls in the junior division at worlds. She played in the junior division at the Canadians last year at the age of 13 and she was the only girl, it didn't seem to bother her and she had a wonderful experience and everyone treated her great. I'm not so sure the womens division will be held at the same place and time as the juniors, I read on the WPA site that the womens will be held in Austria from December 6th, until December 12th, 2004. The juniors will be held nov. 1st - 7th in Sydney, Austrialia. Well I hope you make it to the worlds and i'm sure you would be a great representative for the U.S.A, good luck when you do. Thanks again for your support. Terry

RedHell
07-07-2004, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Red,

I was thinking you probably attended the 2004 Canadian 9 Ball Championships this year in Quebec. Terry <hr /></blockquote>

OMG, I didn't even know it was in Quebec !!!! Do you mean Quebec City or the province ... which PH ?

Damn, how could I missed that !!!

RedHell
07-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Sarah,

You were here in 2000, I hope you enjoyed the city... Did you play in PH or just stayed at the Hotel... It was at the Radison if I remember, right ?

SRpool
07-07-2004, 01:10 PM
When I played in 2000 the tournament was held at a theater. I can't remember the name right now. I didn't make it to any pool halls. I actually didn't know where to find any. I have to say Quebec City was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. I really liked it. I just need to work on my french a little.

Sarah

Terry
07-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi Red,
The Canadians where held at Le Skratch, West Island, Montreal
Snooker: June 17th - 23rd
9-Ball: June 24th - 27th
Alain Martel beat Erik Hjorleifson in the finals. Don't tell me your close enough to make the drive and didn't know about:(. Oh well maybe next year, It'll be in Quebec next year as well but I don't know where. Terry

RedHell
07-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Terry,

I'll tell you worst than that, I was probably 35 minutes away during the Canadians and I didn't know about it. You see I've been working at a client near MTL for the last 5 month. Every monday I drive down (200km), spend the week and drive back on friday.

So in a way even if I knew, I wouldn't have stayed for it. The time spent with my wife has been very limited in those last 5 months, so when I get home on weekends, pool is not an option, unless she request we go out and play.

Talking about Martel, there's a challenge going on between him and Danny Hewitt right now. I'm not sure how much is in it but it's something like the first to 60 games ahead. The games are played in the 8 or 10 different Skratchs of the MTL region. I know they were playing yesterday in Laval. I found out cuz I drove down to Brossard to meet Danny and have a friendly chat with him and he wasn't there /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll try to contact Thierry Layani (a close friend of Danny) to figure out what the deal is on this....

RedHell
07-08-2004, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> When I played in 2000 the tournament was held at a theater. I can't remember the name right now. I didn't make it to any pool halls. I actually didn't know where to find any. I have to say Quebec City was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. I really liked it. I just need to work on my french a little.

Sarah <hr /></blockquote>

Hmmm, in a theater ?!?! The only one that I could see if you were downtown Quebec would be "Le Capitol", a very fancy theater with thick red carpet everywhere. Unless yo played at "Les grand theatres" which I don't think is geared to accomodate a tournement.

In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed my hometown. Don't worry about your french we won't hold it against you. If you ever come in the area again, let me know, my wife and I will be please to show you around.

We have plenty of pool room, just no action really going on, the rooms are very nice and in great shapes.

Pizza Bob made a stop once and I think he enjoyed it, if he didn't, at least he's still speaking to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif