PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's running mate

wolfdancer
07-05-2004, 11:25 PM
He'll reveal it on tues...but if he wants to level the playing field, and select someone who's moral intregrity equals Dick Cheney's....I'm suggesting Kenneth Lay.

Qtec
07-06-2004, 07:00 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He,s just chosen Edwards.

He should have gone for Oprah Winfrey.
How could he lose?

Q

highsea
07-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Edwards was a smart choice, as far as demographics. The women just adore him, and it gives Kerry some support in the south, which he needs.

Actually, I'm disappointed that the GOP didn't announce this a month ago. It would have really screwed Kerry. Lol, if he then picked Edwards, it would've looked like everyone already knew, or the GOP picked for him, and if he didn't, it would have looked like it was to spite the GOP. Dirty politics at it's best.

I like Edwards more than Kerry. At least he is a little bit of a good ol boy. I can't wait for a debate between Cheney and Edwards though, Cheney will have him for lunch. Old age and treachery, you know?

-CM

Qtec
07-06-2004, 08:08 AM
At least he is a little bit of a good ol boy. <font color="blue"> LOL </font color> I can't wait for a debate between Cheney and Edwards though, Cheney will have him for lunch. <font color="blue"> No chance. </font color> Old age and treachery, you know? <font color="blue"> Haliburton, you know? </font color>
<font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color>

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
07-06-2004, 08:17 AM
"Running" Mate?

In an ironic twist, Edwards was informed of this as he was running after an ambulance.

pooltchr
07-06-2004, 08:28 AM
As a resident of North Carolina, I wish I could give a more detailed analysis of Edwards, but the truth is I don't think he has spent 30 days being our Senator since he was elected. Less than a week after he was elected he was in Vermont (hmmmm) and has been campaigning ever since.

I'm actually a bit surprised at the choice. I would have thought that Missouri would have been more important to the Dems and they would have gone with Dick.

highsea
07-06-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> Haliburton, you know? </font color>
Q <hr /></blockquote>

The problem with that is there is nothing really to use against Cheney as far as Haliburton. A deferred pension? Whoopee. A prime contractor in Iraq? So what? That's like bitching that GE is a prime supplier of jet engines, or Microsoft is a prime supplier of Operating Systems. It's a non-starter, and I think the Dems are smart enough to avoid that one.

Cheney's Haliburton relationship will not be a factor in the upcoming election. You give it too much emphasis.

-CM

cheesemouse
07-06-2004, 09:29 AM
I am very pleased with Kerry's choice of Edwards...all the talking heads still have jobs, all the pundants are busy getting the one liners in a row and I can sit back and watch the best game in the world unfold in front of my eyes. I predict this game is going to the hill and somebody is going to scratch on the break leaving a tip over runout...LOL

highsea
07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
ROFL. I think you are right on the money, Cheese. Let's hope it doesn't go to Sudden Death. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Candyman
07-06-2004, 10:59 AM
He has been awol from NC. He was here long enough to illegally confiscate the entire State Sales Tax Fund of which a percentage was to be refunded to the municipalities. This has caused most cities in NC to go up on there city taxes to meet their budgets. Monies that they had counted on were stolen from them and that is a fact. Kerry will not carry NC with that liar on the ticket.

highsea
07-06-2004, 01:12 PM
I didn't know that. Well, I guess they make a pretty good team, as Kerry has been AWOL from Mass. all year.

-CM

Candyman
07-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Put them in a paper bag and shake it up and you know a liberal lawyer will fall out.LOL