PDA

View Full Version : ID on Danny Basavich's cue?

Leviathan
07-06-2004, 06:42 AM
Can anybody tell me who made the cue I've seen him pictured with? The one I'm curious about looks very plain--maybe a bocote forearm, no points or inlays I can see, very narrow black rings at the joint, maybe wrapless. Thanks for any info.

AS

kirk7665
07-10-2004, 10:31 AM
The cue you're talking about is a "Showcase" cue made by Clay Etheridge. Danny sold that cue and is now playing with a cue made by Dick Neighbors, RHN Custom Cues in Cinci., Oh. 513-242-1700. Danny is loving it, as he should, he's been using it for about 3 months and winning/playing like burning hell with it.

Kirk

Wally_in_Cincy
07-10-2004, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kirk7665:</font><hr> ... Danny sold that cue and is now playing with a cue made by Dick Neighbors, RHN Custom Cues in Cinci., Oh. <hr /></blockquote>

I've seen one of his but it was just a plain Jane. I think Bill at SnookerS had it. How long has he been making cues?

Leviathan
07-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks, Kirk.--AS

Cynion
07-10-2004, 04:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote kirk7665:</font><hr> ... Danny sold that cue and is now playing with a cue made by Dick Neighbors, RHN Custom Cues in Cinci., Oh. <hr /></blockquote>

I've seen one of his but it was just a plain Jane. I think Bill at SnookerS had it. How long has he been making cues?

<hr /></blockquote>

Dickie has been making cues since 92 when him and sherm started making cues together. I believe they split up in 94.
Dickie's cues hit great and you couldn't find a nicer guy to deal with.