PDA

View Full Version : Lucky's website...

shoutout33
07-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Hey people! I'm sure that they are a plenty of cue lovers on this website who've feasted their eyes on Luckies website: http://www.ilovecues.com/. I was just wondering if his site had an english version at all. Yeah, the pictures are awesome, but, with this new expo his got going on in Japan, I'd like to be able to read what's going on over there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif By the way, who is Lucky and what's his real name? Thanks.

Rich R.
07-07-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shoutout33:</font><hr> Hey people! I'm sure that they are a plenty of cue lovers on this website who've feasted their eyes on Luckies website: http://www.ilovecues.com/. I was just wondering if his site had an english version at all. Yeah, the pictures are awesome, but, with this new expo his got going on in Japan, I'd like to be able to read what's going on over there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif By the way, who is Lucky and what's his real name? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't know his real name, but Lucky is one of the top collectors in Japan, if not the world. He has close ties to a number of American cuemakers and price does not seem to be a problem, when he wants cues.

I have been told, by a very good source, that Lucky comes to the states, several times a year, and has been known to buy the full inventory of some cuemakers, at full retail price. He then takes them to Japan and sells them for a 100% profit.

Take this information with a large grain of salt, because I only know, what I have been told.

wolfdancer
07-07-2004, 12:13 PM
By the way, who is Lucky and what's his real name?

PIERRE???

Vicki
07-08-2004, 02:23 PM
You're correct, Rich. Lucky is a big time collector whose collection has been featured in the US at Bill Stroud's (Joss West) The International Cue Collector's Show in Ruidoso, New Mexico. He comes to the US for the Hopkins Show, BCA Trade Show and the US Open (at least). He buys cues from many custom cue makers and resells them in Japan. I'm sure he buys at a discount and sells for profit and I'd bet the discount varries from cuemaker to cuemaker. Lucky is a very nice, smart man who knows a lot about cues and cue sports. His real name is Iwao Hishinuma.

Vicki

Chris Cass
07-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Vicki,

I think his name should be Lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~see ya at the Open.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

buddha162
07-09-2004, 04:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Vicki,

I think his name should be Lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

LOL!

#### leonard
07-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Vicki I see Lucky carries Dayton Cues, anyone out there use a Dayton. Paul converted a one piece Willie Hoppe for me. He and I go way back in fact but that is another story.####

buddha162
07-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I use a Dayton. The cue can be seen here: http://www.xanga.com/skin.asp?user=buddha162 (last cue on the bottom of the page)

I kind of ordered this cue blind, w/o knowing how Daytons played, but I got lucky on this one: the best hitting cue I've ever shot with, it's as solid as can be. The balance is forward but evenly so, and the fit and finish is superb as well.

-roger