PDA

View Full Version : help id a really nice leather case please

larrynj1
07-07-2004, 09:57 AM
http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=5815

here's a link to some pictures, it's a nice cordovan leather case, that goes from a round shape at bottom to an oblong shape at the top. it has a rooster image engraved on the brass latch on each side of the case.

anyone have a clue as to who the maker was? how about the time period of manufacture?

any info will be greatly appreciated. tia,
larry

shoutout33
07-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Have no idea who made the case. Sorry. But, I can recommend someone who makes a similar style of case though. Ron Thomas continues the traditional style of cue cases that Fellini, It's George and other custom case maker have done in the past. I don't know if he can shape it like that, but if the top of the case is the style your looking for, he does it! (The latch is different though...) Go to this site (http://billiardcue.com/) and go to cue cases. His cues should be shown on the second page. This is so you can see some pictures if his work. He doens't have a website yet, but when I last spoke to him, he wanted to have one ready before the end of the year. His phone number is 337-237-0163. He's a really nice guy and he'll help you out the best he can. Tell him Daris Cotton sent you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tateuts
07-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Larry,

About 20 - 30 years ago there was a company that made a perfectly round hard case that opened suitcase style with hinges and three latches. I'm pretty sure your case was made by the same company. The name escapes me. I think this because the latches are the same and the pieces of leather attached to them are cut the same. These round cases were also sold under the Brunswick name for awhile.

Does anyone remember the name of the company that made the round suitcase style cases?

Chris

larrynj1
07-07-2004, 02:44 PM
thanks, guys. now we're getting somewhere. what's with the rooster?

Pizza Bob
07-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Chris:

I have seen the cases you are talking about (suitcase style). The straps (3) wrap around the case and secure with the same type of hardware. I have always seen them offered with B'wick cues of the '70's. Not the Taiwanese B'wicks, but the Canadian ones made by Dufferin. I was under the impression that Dufferin manufactured the case, too. But that was just an impression, since I always saw the two paired. I'd contact Dufferin and see if they can help out. They have responded to my inquiries in the past.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

larrynj1
07-08-2004, 02:35 PM
so it could be a canadian rooster?

Chris Cass
07-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Daris,

I met Dick Abbott at VF. He seemed nice. JimmyB. knows him and I believe Barry knows him and Scott Lee knows him. LOL 504 772-7827 is the # off his card. He's from VA so he'll most likely be at the Open but I don't believe he was there last yr.? Anyway, he has a great website.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-09-2004, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ... he has a great website.... <hr /></blockquote>

and this is the place where you post a link............

HTH

bluewolf
07-09-2004, 07:37 AM
I met a guy at vf last year who was making these type of cases. he said that these were 'old style' cases. He was an older gentleman, but unfortunately, I forgot his name, since It was not the style I was looking at. Perhaps someone here knows the guy. I suspect that since he was really into these cases and knew who had previously made them, that he could provide some info too.

Laura